Talk

Advanced search

what to wear to a 'club' ??!

(14 Posts)
napoleona Wed 13-Jul-11 15:55:06

i have been invited to a hen do, clubbing. i havent been in a nightclub for 20 years. what do i wear. it has to be purple. i dont do bare legs but dresses ok. if i can wear tights. size 10-12. blonde and fair skin. budget limited! any ideas would be gratefully received.

ggirl Wed 13-Jul-11 15:55:59

as little as poss
according to dd they are like a furnace inside

napoleona Wed 13-Jul-11 15:57:35

shit, im the oldest by about 15 years, im 40, i am going to look like everyones mum!

chardom Wed 13-Jul-11 19:43:06

What about jeans and a purple camisole top? Not too revealing or too 'mutton'!!

meltedchocolate Wed 13-Jul-11 20:57:42

A good number of clubs would turn away someone (a woman you understand) in jeans, don't do that! A clingy, above knee dress but not nearly showing your knickers! Get your legs out!! Screw 'don't do', unless you have a bad condition or something that you honestly couldn't get past showing, let lose and be proud of your legs!! Bit of fake tan, sorted!

meltedchocolate Wed 13-Jul-11 21:03:42

Something ROUGHLY like this

I am not saying get this, but maybe something a little bit longer but still above the knee, party but not mutton

EggyAllenPoe Wed 13-Jul-11 21:08:03

which clubs? i've never been to a club that wouldn't take a woman in jeans...(and i used to wear dresses clubbing, eeling out of place beause most others wore jeans)

dress, sheer tights & heels - or trainers jeans and vest with zip-top for the walk there and back..

completely depends on the kind of club really.

Elemental Thu 14-Jul-11 09:57:55

I'd go for something fairly simple but with a nice shape

sparkly bit at neckline could be quite understated clubby

easy to wear if you have good legs!

party type dress

nice and simple

Elemental Thu 14-Jul-11 10:08:00

ooh, like this
smart shirt dress

CherryDrops Thu 14-Jul-11 11:26:43

I'd go for something like this with dark skinny jeans, heels and a gold clutch bag. A comfortable look for someone not used to going clubbing. You look like you've made an effort without trying to look like an 18 year old.

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 14-Jul-11 11:34:51

dress with tights and heels

classic shape opaque tights big heels beads done

same as above

love this

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 14-Jul-11 11:36:28

one more

PippiLongBottom Thu 14-Jul-11 11:43:54

Tillys second and third links are lovely. Big heels and opaques like she suggested.

Or skinny jeans.

shelldockley Thu 14-Jul-11 12:41:56

^^Agree. Simple dress, opaques, heels, or smart skinny jeans and top, again killer heels, not too over/underdone or muttony. If the club has a website you could check if they allow jeans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now