Talk

Advanced search

Ren skincare - good or should I look elsewhere?

(9 Posts)
louloubellamozzarella Wed 13-Jul-11 14:56:25

Seen some good reviews of Ren skincare lately and tempted to go for a cleanser and moisturiser.

My skin is combination but for the past six months has been rrrrubbish. Don't seem to be able to get rid of irritated skin and always have a spot or two sad

I have combination skin and over the past couple of years it seems to have inherited my mum's goddamn open pores. Other than than I think I have generally good skin (well it used to be before these outbreaks). I'm not too old (27) and no wrinkles as yet, so not looking for antiaging products just yet, but a moisturiser with SPF would be good.

I've tried moisturising and cleansing with oil - but I think my skin's too oily; it didn't really agree with me and I didn't like the faff. Have tried anti acne products too (wash and creams) but these dried my skin up. Clinique blemish control stuff didn't do anything for me.

I'm prepared to spend a bit for a quality and effective product to update my skincare regime... would anyone recommend Ren for this or should I look elsewhere..?

ameliagrey Wed 13-Jul-11 15:20:08

I love it when I can afford it. I have used the cleansers but recently swapped to a cheapo L'Oreal one but am thinking of going back to REN.

I use their Omega oil and frankinsence night cream daily.

I don't bother about creams with an SPF as I use Clinique City Block spf 25 or 40 every day of the year over moisturiser and under foundation.

But REN is good yes.

louloubellamozzarella Wed 13-Jul-11 23:03:02

Thanks... think I will give it a shot - looks like you can get tester kits for under £20... Anyone else used REN? I'm just sick of wasting time and money trying new things and then being disappointed...

MissFoodie Wed 13-Jul-11 23:07:04

why don't you try to get some samples from them?
I've tried all their products and they are all good, the problem is, it's hard to recommend something to someone else, as what I like or suits me, may not work for you. I think their cleansers are great, but a little pricey. Green People's cleanser is fab and better value, so I would buy that and get a REN cream.
I have never bought anything without trying it first, I tell them that I am happy to spend the money, but not without trying it, unless they have a no quibble refund policy. I've always managed to get loads of samples, have you tried the REN counter at Liberty? not sure where you're located?
Also, as far as I know, REN don't do a cream with SPF in it.

cluelessnchaos Wed 13-Jul-11 23:15:48

It's the only thing that has ever worked for me, I used to have constant breakouts then we started stocking ren in the shop where I work and haven't had a problem since. I use rosa centifolia wash and vita mineral day cream. I wouldnt waste my money on anything else now.

hester Wed 13-Jul-11 23:23:07

I love REN, but I have old dry skin, so I can't really recommend for you.

I particularly like their cleanser and their serums.

louloubellamozzarella Thu 14-Jul-11 08:53:03

Thanks for all the feedback. Getting samples is a very good idea - I think I need to be a bit more proactive instead of trying things here and there smile

There's a space NK near me so will investigate there as I think they stock REN. Would be good to get some guidance on products as not sure I'd need the blemish control range or whether I'd be better off going for combination products. Will look into Green People too, never heard of that brand.

MissFoodie Thu 14-Jul-11 13:44:26

Re Green people: you've not lived!!!! their cleanser is one of the best!!!!
http://yumetc.blogspot.com/2011/02/cleansers.html

skyebluepink Thu 14-Jul-11 14:47:51

I think REN is OK but very pricey and not justifiably so. Green People is very good, yes and I think Avalon is also a good range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now