Talk

Advanced search

Good quality suede ballet flats with higher cut - please help me find some

(8 Posts)
FannyPriceless Wed 13-Jul-11 09:39:05

I'll do my best to explain what I am looking for. Ballet flats like these ones from Hobbs.

But.... the essential thing is that they need to a different cut, so that the curve of the opening is higher up the foot rather than low down close to your toes. Does this make sense?

The reason is, I am returning to work. I have terrible feet and I had SPD in both pregnancies. I have made a decision not to wear heels as I just can't aggravate these problems for the sake of looking good. But I still need to look professional and have something to wear with my nice business dresses!

The ballet style is perfect for my workplace except that every pair I have found is cut quite low down so that it rubs exactly across my <whispers> bunions. Please help me find some with a higher cut.

Other requirements are that they must be very nice quality with soft leather lining / suede exterior and as comfortable as possible. I need black plus maybe some other colours too.

Lipstickgal Wed 13-Jul-11 12:12:56

I have those Hobbs ones and they aren't low cut at the sides. They are extremely soft and comfortable. I have them in a ruby red suede which I love.

FannyPriceless Wed 13-Jul-11 13:08:49

Yes thanks, they fit well on the sides but the problem I have is how far down the foot (towards the toes) they are cut. It was agony trying them on in the shop as the edge goes right across the bump of my bunions. Otherwise I agree they would be very comfortable as the leather is so soft.

I have looked before for ballet pumps that are cut higher up the foot - to no avail. I am now determined to find some. They must be out there somewhere!!

bambiandthumper Wed 13-Jul-11 13:17:21

French Sole

ameliagrey Wed 13-Jul-11 13:26:46

Clarks did have some in navy- I have a pair- so worth a look online.

Ditto French Sole and Pretty Ballerina.

Gillybobs Wed 13-Jul-11 15:22:06

I have these from CLarks, super comfy, not low cut, tiny bit of a heel to avoid heel pain and they are from the "Softwear" so like walking on air. £40 . Love them

chocolateteabag Wed 13-Jul-11 22:38:35

Hi - have you tried Gabor shoes?
I have these in the pink version and they are cut high. I have a lovely bunion (at 34!) but these shoes are lovely and comfortable.
Gabor do have alot of [whispers] "older" styles, but they are therefore cut higher and there are a few which are on a par with the Hobbs ones you linked

FannyPriceless Thu 14-Jul-11 21:04:17

Of course, Gabor! Doh! <smacks forehead> Oh lovely chocolate thank you so much for the pointer.

I do have a rather old pair of Gabor shoes that I keep as they are the only ones I can bear to wear on formal ocassions. I have found these on the Gabor website and I think I am going to try them. Such a pity they are not in black suede though.

Thank you for admitting bunions. I have had them since late 20s. Isn't it crap?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now