Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else had Problems with h&m online

(11 Posts)
salempickles Wed 13-Jul-11 08:26:20

Just wondering if its just me.... i ordered a few bits a couple of weeks ago, it came to £53 so i entered my card details and waited for it to be confirmed, i checked my bank all week to see if they had taken out the money and they didnt. I received an email on monday saying my application for a credit account had been successful and i had £200 to spend.

I did not apply for anything, certainly not a credit account as i dont shop there that much anyway only once a year for holiday bits but when i googled this it seems a common problem that they are just opening accounts all over the place!!

gettingolderbytheday Wed 13-Jul-11 09:29:27

I ordered some mens jeans and a jumper from them about a month ago. Paid by credit card without a problem, clothes came in 3 days and were great. No problem with them. Perhaps there was a glitch on their system that day. I know if you buy from Next online they do this but I definitely didn't open an account with them. I would phone them up and query it.
Did you get the goods?

daimbardiva Wed 13-Jul-11 09:55:06

A kind of similar thing happened to me - I tried to pay by credit card, but it kept being declined (though there was no reason it should have been) so I HAD to buy it on their credit account system. Ddin't think anything of it at the time, until I read your post! And the goods took ages to come...mind you I was ordering a snowsuit for ds in the depths of winter so this could've just been 'cos demand was high...

MooM00 Wed 13-Jul-11 10:01:12

I ordered some stuff in early June that has not been delivered yet. I won't be ordering from them again.

salempickles Wed 13-Jul-11 15:38:06

no I won't be using them again either! Having rung customer service today to complain about them opening a credit account it seems like its a common problem, I run my own business so the more credit accountS I have the less ill be able to get credit for items I need! Can't believe they just did it though, and as for ordering the snowsuit it appears they have done it over every order nearly so I wouldn't put it down to high demand

Pinkjenny Wed 13-Jul-11 15:58:29

I use H&M quite a lot, and the delivery times are very unpredictable. In terms of the credit account, when I placed my first order I was asked whether I wanted to pay in full or by monthly installments, and every time I place an order it asks me to confirm whether I want to pay using the monthly installments or in full. It does default to the installments, though.

SashaTX Tue 07-Jul-15 23:24:36

I ordered some stuff from H&M's iPhone app, had to make an account and give creditcard information. I did so but after that i read my creditcard got declined, which was pretty confusing because i had received a message that the transaction on my creditcard had been made. i flipped because i almost spend a hundred dollars. I vieuwd the ordering history and it was just empty. I had a chat with there costumer service and they said i had to give them a call. No way! i don't even live in the United States. That would cost me alot of money. I get my stuff via fermholdings in the U.S. but this is really confusing. I don't even know if i will get my stuff!

circleskirt Thu 09-Jul-15 21:20:21

This may be a Zombie thread but H&M delivery is still crap.

forevergrateful Fri 07-Jul-17 08:01:13

+1 They are still the same in 2017 if not worse.

maygirl27 Wed 19-Jul-17 18:21:14

Like Pinkjenny I found out that the web site for ordering defaults to installments. Now I am trying to get a refund on part of the order that is not up to standard, I find that they've not taken payment at all for the original order. I've now sorted this out and paid in full using bank transfer, only to receive another message from another customer advisor to inform me that the payment doesn't appear to have been received. Surely the point of a bank transfer is that transfer of monies is instantaneous? I would not advise anyone to shop with H&M - especially as it may be financially beneficial for them to send reminder letters at the exorbitant rate of £7 per letter. Has anyone else had this problem and the same suspicions?

UnaPalomaBlanca Wed 19-Jul-17 21:36:49

I have shopped in H&M stores for years. I shopped online with them once about 6 years ago and have stuck to my vow never to do so again.
Like you, I just wanted to pay for my goods online but they tried to force me into a credit agreement I didn't want. In the end, I was allowed to send a cheque in the post which they claimed they never received, despite them cashing it! I was then asked to prove TO THEM that THEY had cashed my cheque by sending them copies of my bank statement (at my own expense) AND EVERY OTHER BANK STATEMENT ISSUED AFTER THAT- to 'prove' I had not subsequently cancelled the cheque!!!
Yes... I had to prove to them that they had cashed my cheque.
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever again. Ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now