Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you store your costume jewellery?

(11 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 12-Jul-11 14:24:07

I have accumulated an absolute ton of costume jewellery and need to think about organising it all. At the moment I have a divided section in my wardrobe which is ok for rings and earings but I have so many braclets they are all just dumped in there. Necklaces are on a coat hanger in the wardrobe as are belts and scalves but I was just wondering if there was a better storage solution.

Mumelie Tue 12-Jul-11 16:07:33

Thinking the same myself!
Quite fancy something like this, but cheaper!

sweetheart Tue 12-Jul-11 16:21:16

ohhhh yes now I like that! Not sure dh would and I have no room for one!

Awomancalledhorse Tue 12-Jul-11 16:27:05

I keep my costume jewllery (that doesn't fit on my necklace hanger/small jewlery box) in a massive make up/travel bag wrapped in tissue paper/boxes (most of it is vintage/delicate).
Feels like playing a lucky dip everytime I fish out a piece!

Mumelie, that looks gorgeous!

cardoon Tue 12-Jul-11 16:55:24

I hang mine on something like this

sweetheart Tue 12-Jul-11 16:56:05

my jewellery is deffo not vintage or delicate - it's all from high street stores and recently purchased. I REALLY want one of those chest things now! IDh will go mad if I buy one! I have absolutly no where to put one either!

Mumelie Tue 12-Jul-11 18:38:07

Sooo want one of those chests but just too much £ at the mo. Also have had these in the past. They do really stay up (so had to leave in fitted wardrobes when we moved)! Good for necklaces, but nothing else.

WineAndPizza Tue 12-Jul-11 19:56:44

ooh cardoon that's nice, and a bargain!

Shell178 Tue 12-Jul-11 20:03:51

I separate my costume jewellery into clear plastic food bags. They are all stored in a clear make up/travel bag from M&S.

Mumbrane Tue 12-Jul-11 20:37:59

I have a set of drawers, the ones that have a metal frame and those sort of seagrass/raffia drawers. Not particularly chic, I know, but from Next for a reasonable price and good for chunky stuff that won't fit in a jewellery box.

Geordieminx Tue 12-Jul-11 20:52:41

I have the best thing ever!!! Cork notice board on inside of wardrobe with map/drawing pins/hooks inserted then necklaces/brackets hang beautifully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now