Talk

Advanced search

Laptop bag?

(9 Posts)
Crumblemum Tue 12-Jul-11 14:01:41

Hiya

Have a (newish) job which means I bring my lap top home A LOT (no comment). Anyhow, just wondered if anyone knows any good bags? Actually it doesn't need to be good, I'm not about to go hiking with it, it just needs to look good. Not too smart, but not too twee (I like the Cath Kidston ones, but not really right for all occasions). Any suggestions?

AitchTwoOh Wed 13-Jul-11 23:04:27

hello crumble... not wanting to piss on yer chips BUT i recently left my laptop in a taxi <hyperventilates at the memory> and thanks to a quirk of the local policing system had to phone a gazillion cop shops to see if it had been handed in. every time, they asked 'was it in a laptop bag?', apparently because they tend to be stolen, whereas you have more chance of getting it back if it's in a crappy old bag.

i got mine back. it was in a crappy old canvas bag. grin

PerAr6ua Wed 13-Jul-11 23:44:27

Cambridge Satchel Company do one which will take a 17" - handle on top as well so you can lug it out of a car easier? Sorry not doing links - ctrl keys keep stopping working.

Crumblemum Thu 14-Jul-11 19:13:22

Ooh poor you/ lucky you Aitch. I recently also left lap top in cab, was seriously hyperventilating, but thankfully the cab was going on with a friend in it, and mercifully despite him being drunk and having no phone battery, he saw and rescued it. Arghh at the memory. I do sometimes use a hold all type thing but then get a few aches and pains.

PerAr6ua - off to check out Cambridge now - thanks.

Crumblemum Thu 14-Jul-11 19:19:17

V. nice Cambridge satchel ones, great idea. Like the music bags too. Will have to get my tape measure out!

vesela Thu 14-Jul-11 20:17:41

This from Crumpler?

blossoming Thu 14-Jul-11 21:03:22

this from Paperchase?

lalalonglegs Thu 14-Jul-11 21:27:14

Orla Kiely ones are very cute.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Thu 14-Jul-11 21:35:01

Penelope and Parker?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now