Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What colour shoes with a royal blue dress?

(34 Posts)
KurriKurri Mon 11-Jul-11 21:10:06

Dress is royal blue with lighter blue sort of flowery pattern (like outlines of flower shapes) - sorry can't link because it was from a little independent shop.

Should I try to match the blue with shoes and a bag, or better to go for a contrasting colour?

TIA

KurriKurri Mon 11-Jul-11 21:11:39

Meant to say I looked at a lot of blue shoes today, and none match particularly well (they look as if I've tried to match and failed)

emsyj Mon 11-Jul-11 21:12:42

Tan leather??? Tho hard to say without seeing the dress...

MrsCog Mon 11-Jul-11 21:13:50

Cream? Or Silver/some kind of metallic? Depending on the dress a bright contrast might also look cool.

ajandjjmum Mon 11-Jul-11 21:15:03

Nude - a la Kate

FoundWanting Mon 11-Jul-11 21:17:21

Tan/nude/cream/taupe/stone/ivory/silver/pewter/bronze/grey?

Going somewhere nice? Is this for the graduation, or has that happened already?

BerryLellow Mon 11-Jul-11 21:18:53

If it's a pattern I would definitely say nude/tan

I wore leopard print beauties with my (plain) royal blue dress.

KurriKurri Mon 11-Jul-11 21:28:57

It is for the graduation FW - I gave up on looking for green, and eventually bought a dress in ...wait for it... Head in The Clouds grin - obviously I'll have to wash it in case there's any sniffer dogs at the Graduation!
I tried on every dress in every shop and was despairing, but saw this in HITC and thought I could dress it up a bit - its not too floaty and ethnic.

I've got some nude shoes but they don't look quite right with it, I think silver/pewter might go though.

KurriKurri Mon 11-Jul-11 21:30:50

Sorry everyone, I meant to say thanks very much for suggestions so far. smile

wallstreet Mon 11-Jul-11 21:32:55

nude shoes and clutch baf.

wallstreet Mon 11-Jul-11 21:33:19

bag blush

FoundWanting Mon 11-Jul-11 21:33:37

What make? If it is Adini, they are online.

<<off to have a look, 'cos I is nosey>>

FoundWanting Mon 11-Jul-11 21:39:23

I love Head in the Clouds, I've had some lovely dresses from there. It's just round the corner from my dentist and I'm going in next week. grin

ristretto Mon 11-Jul-11 21:41:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KurriKurri Mon 11-Jul-11 21:46:30

I love it too FW - the dress is not Adini, its Ghengis Kahn, - I can't find it online. I had a long chat with the woman on the till about Stevie Nicks grin

ristretto -thank you, I'll look that up, budget probably not high enough thouhg grin

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Mon 11-Jul-11 21:47:26

Silver or pewter

KurriKurri Mon 11-Jul-11 21:50:00

they are lovely ristretto, but way out of my budget. I can't have very high heels because I've got to walk a bit of a way to the graduation building.

jenniec79 Mon 11-Jul-11 21:53:27

Nude courts/pumps or metallic sandals

FoundWanting Mon 11-Jul-11 21:58:50

Have you had a look in Dune? They had some low-ish wedges in metallics.

Or Jane Shilton in Jarrolds?

KurriKurri Mon 11-Jul-11 22:05:43

Haven't looked in Jane Shilton yet FW, where's Dune - is that the one in Debenhams?

FoundWanting Mon 11-Jul-11 22:08:09

They've got a shop next to Office at the entrance to Chapelfield. Don't know if they are in Debenhams - I only ever seem to cut through there to my bus-stop.

FakePlasticTrees Mon 11-Jul-11 22:09:28

Red shoes! At any possibly opportunity, red shoes, they always make you feel cheery. Red shoes are the way to go.

KurriKurri Mon 11-Jul-11 22:19:59

oh yes - I know where you mean, - I'll look tomorrow.

FPT - I would actually love to wear red shoes, but would they go with the blue dress?

FakePlasticTrees Thu 14-Jul-11 21:15:11

yes, the red shoes would go with a blue dress, as long as it's a blue red not an orange red. Go buy red shoes.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 14-Jul-11 21:18:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: