Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Big Hair > can anyone give me any feedback?

(16 Posts)
Lorry123 Mon 11-Jul-11 18:04:07

I have read lots of good reviews but I am not sure whether to commit to the £45 price tag. Can anyone tell me whether it's worth the expense or should I not bother? I have shoulder length hair.

dexter73 Mon 11-Jul-11 18:37:52

Trying searching this topic as there have been many threads about the BBH - here is one.

Lainey1981 Mon 11-Jul-11 20:54:16

lorry i got mine from TKMaxx the other day for £16. Haven't used it yet though, but a little easier on the purse than £45

rusmum Mon 11-Jul-11 21:02:36

never use mine! rubbish imo= note to self to pop it on e bay! lol

cazza40 Mon 11-Jul-11 21:54:40

Think they are fab not as good as a blow dry at the hairdresser but about 95 percent there ... I just need a bit more practice

Mirrorball Tue 12-Jul-11 13:41:28

I bought it the other day - full price at boots so gutted to hear it's £16 in tk maxx!! However, I'm SO glad I did... got the hang of it straight away and love the results. Wait until my hair is almost dry, plop on some mousese and whizz it around - hair looks shiny and like I've had it blowdried at hairdresser.

Do it!

Mirrorball Tue 12-Jul-11 13:42:11

Oh, I have shoulder length hair, layers and big hair is great for creating height on the crown.

Mirrorball Tue 12-Jul-11 13:42:52

mousse, not mousese....

gregssausageroll Tue 12-Jul-11 13:59:32

I love mine too. I have shorter hair than yours and the finish will only get better the longer my hair gets.

valiumredhead Tue 12-Jul-11 14:02:30

Oh bugger - was in TK Maxx the other day!

lucykate Tue 12-Jul-11 14:05:15

got one for my mum for her birthday and she loves it.

Penthesileia Wed 13-Jul-11 00:20:28

TKMaxx one is earlier, non-rotating version, so not the one MNers have been going mental for. Saw it today. I'm considering going back for it tomorrow, as my hair reaches the small of my back, so I think a rotating brush might get all tangled in it. Amazon reviews for this one are positive.

TillyIpswitch Wed 13-Jul-11 02:15:05

I love the style it gives my hair - as good as a salon blow dry... BUT... I don't find that it holds the style for very long at all. And if I need to go outside (which is pretty much inevitable!) then forget it.

I style it with Moroccan oil, which is maybe not the best thing to use. Is mousse better? What do other people use?

skyebluepink Wed 13-Jul-11 08:46:06

Tilly, Moroccan oil won't do anything for longevity- the silicon makes your hair feel smooth but doesn't help the style last.

Mousse is one option though it might make the hair harder to get the brush through. You could try just putting it in at the roots or using a root lift spray. Or use good ole elnett. Sali Hughes did a tutorial on this on the guardian website. I would link bit I'm on IPhone. Maybe see what she said.

salempickles Wed 13-Jul-11 08:55:29

Would a volume mousse work?? the rotating brush doesn't get tangled at all as it has the 2 buttons on the side so you just need to work out which 1 to press to rotate the brush. Its fiddly the first few times but does get easier with practice. My hair is past my shoulders and really thick and the volume does fall out quickly but i have stupid hair that is poker straight and i cant do anything else with it, but even though the volume drops it still looks like ive had a blow dry from a hairdresser all day long.

Buy It. Buy it now!

valiumredhead Wed 13-Jul-11 09:16:46

You need Tigi Blow Out Balm - amazing stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now