Talk

Advanced search

My DD needs something appropriate to wear to a funeral

(13 Posts)
GrimmaTheNome Mon 11-Jul-11 17:58:18

She is 12, I don't want anything at all sombre but all her current summer dresses are either too strappy or a bit on the short side now.

Sainsbos had a navy and white dress which would have done. but didn't have it in her size. Next and M&S were useless - that's all I've had time to look at yet.

Any ideas?

(I shall doubtless wear the same dress and jacket I've been using for the last 20 years - couldn't see anything remotely suitable for adults either)

mumof4sons Mon 11-Jul-11 18:17:13

I had the same problem when my boys Grandmother passed. They wore their black/grey school trousers, a white shirt and a black tie.

Does she have a black/grey school skirt to wear and perhaps a nice blouse or shirt to put with it?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 11-Jul-11 18:26:42

At this point in the year her school skirt barely passes muster for school. And no way will she wear tights at this time of year so she needs something reasonably long. There's only so much leg you can inflict on elderly aunts.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 11-Jul-11 18:31:18

Something of that ilk ... no gap near us and I'm not sure how their sizing goes (she's 142 cm but quite plump) so don't really want to get off t'net.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 11-Jul-11 18:45:55

The BHS links don't work right (go to main page) so I'm not sure which you meant but there are a few definite maybes there - I'd forgotten BHS does some OK kids clothes.

Thanks!

tethersend Mon 11-Jul-11 19:05:49

Since you are buying instore, have a look at zara- not much left online, but good sale stuff- like this

GrimmaTheNome Mon 11-Jul-11 19:10:10

No Zara near either. Hopefully ASDA, Debenhams or BHS will have something - that's about the limit of what we've got locally.

GrimmaTheNome Tue 12-Jul-11 17:34:01

DD liked the look of the ASDA dress - its the sort of thing she'd actually wear, not too fussy - so ordered it online anyway, should be here before I get a chance to actually go shopping anyway.

Many thanks for your help! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now