Talk

Advanced search

Yoga and cellulite

(5 Posts)
tulpe Mon 11-Jul-11 17:25:23

I've just started going to yoga classes (3 a week for the last 2 weeks) and am amazed at what it is doing for my cellulite. I had really quite severe cottage-cheese thighs but I noticed this weekend how much they have improved. There is now hardly any dimpling on my thighs now and the bits that are there are gentle pitting of the skin rather than craters! BTW, it is hatha yoga - so all gentle and relaxing - not the quicker/dynamic style of ashtanga or bikram yoga. I have never noticed such a dramatic change even when I was doing the Shred dvd or running on a regular basis. I have naturally "heavy legs" so I am thrilled with these results.

I have been googling the subject and apparently the postures and improved breathing techniques help the lymphatic system function more effectively: et voila! 40 year old thighs now beach-worthy smile

Just thought I would share smile

Butterflybows Mon 11-Jul-11 19:51:16

Blimey! Do you really think the yoga has really done this?

PinkOlives Mon 11-Jul-11 20:07:29

shock really?? i have the same type thighs as you,and major major cellulite issues despite being generally slim and a healthy eater my thighs can never be shown! i will now google. i have just started pilates though but very early days, i suppose similar in the breathing posture techniques.

tulpe Mon 11-Jul-11 20:38:34

I am convinced it is the yoga since it is the only change I have made to my lifestyle in the last couple of weeks.

I was seriously despairing of our impending holiday as I had proper "old lady thighs" sad . Needless to say, am now significantly less daunted by the prospect of exposing my thighs to fellow beach-goers.

PinkOlives - I am slim too - a size 8 - but as I said, I have heavy legs (mild cankles and the aforementioned thigh issue). I am so thrilled that I even wore an above the knee dress on school run today.....that would never have happened before!

Cristiane Mon 11-Jul-11 22:15:35

Wow, really? Gosh that's excellent. On with the yoga!

When I was pregnant with dd1 I did yoga every morning and i have never been in better shape and my legs and arms were amazing, now i think about it. Have since returned to blancmange state

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now