Talk

Advanced search

Crisp masculine style work shirts - where?

(5 Posts)
sedgiebaby Mon 11-Jul-11 14:21:34

I've just bought 3 suits for going back to work, not sure why but I fancy some masculine looking crisp double cuff shirts. Normally I'd go for tank tops or long sleeve scoop neck tops (not blouses). My industry is male dominated and I'm feeling a little lacking in confidence having been away on mat leave for so long now, so maybe I want to look a bit more 'fierce' I don't know!?

Anyway I'm tall and so they will need to be long in the arm, should I actually look at mens shirts to get a good quality cotton with a decent collar and cuff, or is that a stupid idea?

Ephiny Mon 11-Jul-11 14:31:41

TM Lewin usually have a good selection. They're not cheap, but often have a special offer if you buy three. Their sleeves are often too long for me (3/4 length is my friend!) so might be just right for you smile

Austin Reed are also good, again quite expensive but good quality.

fiorentina Mon 11-Jul-11 16:51:04

I buy mine from Gieves and Hawkes when they have a sale, otherwise they are very pricey. They are good quality though and last a long time, fit me nicely and they have a range of ladies styles, from very fitted to more 'boy fit'.

fiorentina Mon 11-Jul-11 16:52:10

Sorry I meant Hawes and Curtis not Gieves and Hawkes...

DonaAna Mon 11-Jul-11 18:51:18

My friend swears by Thomas Pink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now