Talk

Advanced search

wedding outfit needed!!

(13 Posts)
minxofmancunia Mon 11-Jul-11 13:48:05

End of july v posh swanky do, want a dress/suit in a "jewel" colour, orange my favourite but green/pink/turquoise/purple all ok too (not yellow look ill), would like it above the knee quite short and not low cut don't mind sleeves/1 shoulder/straps but would prefer not sleeveless. am 5'8" size 8-10 small bum, 32 d boobs 26" waist long legs but quite broad sholders. like quite fitted stuff and not empire line.

I like to be quite "on trend" but not too wacky....no boden or than ilk. Also want a fascinator/hat than matches and is fabulous as well as fabulous shoes. £300 budget for the lot. Am in manchester so full range of shops at my disposal want to try on before i buy so would like to look on line then go to specific shops rather than trawl round in desperation!

Thanks in advance!

tethersend Mon 11-Jul-11 16:47:56

Topshop

Topshop again

DP

Karen Millen

DP again

Reiss

Asos

Karen Millen again

Wallis

Warehouse

If you want to go for orange, I would go for snakeskin, natural/black or Pink shoes.

minxofmancunia Mon 11-Jul-11 20:18:43

Thanks tethersend I like the 1st Karen millen one, I'm now thinking a suit thouhg, in oyster/gold silk/shiny material with piping and cigarette pants!

Does such a thing exist??

tethersend Mon 11-Jul-11 20:28:40

Then you need this. It's gorgeous.

tethersend Mon 11-Jul-11 20:40:12

With this

And this

With these but they're too much money, so perhaps these.

Yes, I realise that's all over budget but I just don't care grin

minxofmancunia Mon 11-Jul-11 20:40:22

It's gorseous! BUT like everything else I've looked at today on the web "size 8-10 out of stock"

Grrrrr!!!! Not prepared to shrink to a 6 and have worked bloody hard at gym to get back to 8-10 (natural pre child dress size)

minxofmancunia Mon 11-Jul-11 20:42:37

The DVF shoes!!!!! I may have to have them! They will go with everything! (convince self furiously)

And after all they are in the sale!!

tethersend Mon 11-Jul-11 20:45:35

Bugger. May be some in store?

this is nice though

tethersend Mon 11-Jul-11 20:46:04

<cough>

This

<cough>

minxofmancunia Mon 11-Jul-11 20:52:35

OMG the Halston Heritage Jumpsuit!!!!

They have sold out of size 8, do I take a risk and get a 10 because it's designer sizing should be small??!

tethersend Mon 11-Jul-11 21:14:56

They have a US 6 which I think is a UK 8, no?

WineAndPizza Tue 12-Jul-11 22:17:54

US 6 is a UK 10. That is beautiful though.

minxofmancunia Tue 12-Jul-11 22:34:38

Yes it goes down by 4. I think I may well be a size 10 in designer stuff it tends to come up small.

Damn you tethersend for linking me to the net-a-porter website!! The jumpsuit I like best is the Gucci one REDUCED to £540. No chance.

Anyone know of any other good sites for lovely suits/jumpsuits?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now