Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used an epicare to remove facial hair?

(7 Posts)
chicaguapa Sun 10-Jul-11 10:23:58

Do they work? eBay seems to have lots of imitations so not sure if I should buy an authentic one or if the imitation will do just as good a job. Thanks.

hadagutsfull Sun 10-Jul-11 17:02:25

I bought one after reading reviews on here and find it works really well. It took me a little while to get used to it and I don't do it quite the way you see it if you look at the video (on Youtube??) but it works for me. I use it on my 'tache/chin/below bottom lip and it only takes a minute or so once you get used to it. I tend to have my hands closer together rather than on the 'handles' - I find it works better for me that way.

Go ahead and get one - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 10-Jul-11 22:44:29

I - and another MN-er, but cannot remember who - bought one after being convinced on a thread some months ago. We both bought the proper one. And both thought it was utter, utter crap!

Ephiny Mon 11-Jul-11 15:40:22

I have one and I think it does a good job, as effective as waxing but gentler on your skin. Haven't tried an 'imitation' one but have heard that they can irritate the skin more due to the cheaper type of metal used.

Not everyone gets on with them though. I would just give it a try - they're fairly cheap so it's not the end of the world if you don't like it!

Soups Mon 11-Jul-11 20:38:59

I have one of the more expensive ones with the bit for faces and that you can use in the shower. Using it in the shower, with some face wash, is pretty painless for me. Not as bad as getting my eye brows threaded!

Soups Mon 11-Jul-11 22:10:29

Sorry didn't read the OP correctly! Ignore.

chicaguapa Sun 17-Jul-11 13:40:46

Thanks! I bought an authentic one off eBay. Seems ok and did the job easily. Which is all I can ask for. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now