Talk

Advanced search

Beachwear dilemma

(8 Posts)
MissBeehiving Sat 09-Jul-11 21:26:31

Right. I need some perspective on my purchase.

I need a beach cover up for holiday and love this and have ordered it.

I converted from being a "6 bikinis from Primark" kinda gal to a "one expensive bikini" per summer a couple of years back. IMO they are better value in terms of fit and ability to be able to wear for more than one year.

Is it madness to spend £120 on something I'll wear every day for a week and then probably not much after that?

ellangirl Sat 09-Jul-11 22:30:41

I would never spend that much on a beach cover up. Mostly because it's white and will get stained by suncream etc. If you can spare £120 however, then great, buy what the hell you like for your holiday...

wileycoyote Sat 09-Jul-11 22:46:25

Yes, it is madness! It would probably cost approximately the same amount to chartere a small bi-plane pull a cloud accross the sun so you don't need a cover up... grin

MissBeehiving Sun 10-Jul-11 13:15:19

I love the bi-plane idea grin

Although it's not so much for covering up again the sun probably more for lunch times and posing by the pool grin

I will try it on when it arrives and consider options...

StyleandBooty Sun 10-Jul-11 13:19:39

It doesn't seem to say what the fabric is, and whether it can be washed.

otchayaniye Sun 10-Jul-11 13:21:35

I would actually prefer (and I don't dislike Heidi Klein particularly) a cheapo cotton kaftan from an Indian market, something in orange or turquoise. I think that's actually too sheer to lunch in.

DragonAlley Sun 10-Jul-11 13:27:29

I think that is ridiculously expensive for something that will be ruined by sun cream.

MissBeehiving Sun 10-Jul-11 13:29:26

Erm, no that's true S&B <feels a bit of a failure> <resolves to be more observant in future>
wink
otchayaniye - I like those kaftans but also look like some mad hippy in one rather than the Ibiza stylee look I aspire to.

What about this as an alternative?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now