Talk

Advanced search

Need a really nice grey eyeshadow that stays proper grey and doesn't look blue

(12 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Sat 09-Jul-11 19:51:42

But am not looking for dark and smokey, I want something for every day ykwim.

I have big blue eyes and too often it looks like I've applied Yootha Joyce blue eyeshadow, when infact it was supposed to be grey.

Does anyone understand what I am saying?

LemonDifficult Sat 09-Jul-11 19:55:27

Totally understand. And I'm bumping this for the answer as I have that - turns blue instantly

skyebluepink Sat 09-Jul-11 20:06:04

Yes you need to buy one that has the right under tones. My favourites are: Laura mercier sable and benefit where there's smoke. Wish I could reccomend superdrug brands but they are all crap and not pigmented enough or full of bloody glitter.

LemonDifficult Sat 09-Jul-11 20:31:10

I love Laura Mercier, of course she has a good one

skyebluepink Sat 09-Jul-11 21:35:08

me too

I don't love the price though

skyebluepink Sat 09-Jul-11 22:23:48

much cheaper

shimmering neutral grey ( not blue grey!)

these stila eyeshadows are lovely and blendable and not sparkly,
and presumably being discontinued which is why the are so cheapo. Also they don't come in a proper container thingy so you have to leave it at home.

ZombiePlan Sun 10-Jul-11 09:22:39

For everyday, why not try a nude shadow and pair it with a grey eyeliner? I find that gives a fresher look - all over grey can be draining.

starjules Sun 10-Jul-11 21:22:20

Mac do a couple of really lovely greys called Electra and Silver ring, I have both and they are definitely grey with no blue at all.

hester Sun 10-Jul-11 21:24:50

Bobbi Brown does a nice shade called Grey, that's actually more of a taupey grey - very flattering.

I also have a lovely steel grey from Bloom. Like you, I'm pale and can't take too much dark grey, but this is very nice. I use it over a champagne base that just softens it a little.

said Sun 10-Jul-11 21:24:53

Bourjois?

aquavit Mon 11-Jul-11 12:07:46

I have the greys-going-blue problem too and second Bobbi Brown grey - it's absolutely lovely and a dream to apply. You can wear it quite sheer or build it up a bit into a very subtle smoky eye.

MAC's copperplate is a very similar taupey-grey colour and also lovely and velvety. Slightly more pigmented.

These are both matt which I think it more flattering and versatile - if you want shimmer you can add it over the top (use a neutral shimmery shade like MAC's shroom).

muddlinleigh Mon 11-Jul-11 12:35:34

I have the going blue problem with black kohl pencil so wear dark brown now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now