Talk

Advanced search

Where have monsoon got their sale stuff from?

(12 Posts)
talkingnonsense Sat 09-Jul-11 19:38:25

I was in monsoon today, and I swear I didn't recognise anything from this year in the sale. Is it all last years? Do they buy it in specially? Or had everyone else already raided the rails?

PinotLovesRonWeasley Sat 09-Jul-11 19:42:01

Same place Next get theirs from? grin

purplepidjin Sat 09-Jul-11 19:47:00

Next manufacture entire lines of clothing purely to stock their outlet shops - get thee to Gunwharf Quays!

Monsoon sale stuff is usually vile sad and still way out of my price range sad

talkingnonsense Sat 09-Jul-11 19:50:05

I have had great stuff half price before, but always stuff I have coveted at full price. Once I got a great wool embroidered coat at 70% off! But today I didn't even recognise anything.

dottyaboutstripes Sat 09-Jul-11 19:57:32

The opposite for me - I went in today and there was lots of stock I'd seen over the last few months but thought was too pricey. In fact everything I'd thought was nice this season was there on sale. Bought a dress and a top.

EldonAve Sat 09-Jul-11 20:22:03

I bought a few kids bits
Most of the ladies stuff looked like old stock
At the till it didn't all come up as half price and the Sales Assistant tried to tell me I must be wrong when I said it was all stickered half price

pink4ever Sat 09-Jul-11 21:33:13

I have already started a thread about Monsoon sale. I got 2 dresses and a top that I wanted(all half price) but am going to wait another couple of weeks before I buy anything else as will definately go 70% off. Although the shop was quite busy today it was mostly people just looking. Was really disapointed with kids sale-girls dresses were not reduced by much so again I will wait it out.

islawhiter Sat 09-Jul-11 21:35:14

Marks n Spencers used to do that, put a load of jumble sale looking clothes out that you have never seen before,

glassescase Sat 09-Jul-11 21:54:30

Haaa I so nearly started this thread myself! Shop was packed with piles of shite! I didn't recognise anything from this year at all, and there was some truly VILE stuff instead.

TaudrieTattoo Sat 09-Jul-11 22:23:49

In answer to OP's original question...

1993?

talkingnonsense Sun 10-Jul-11 21:21:12

grin

PinotLovesRonWeasley Mon 11-Jul-11 10:21:40

Do they really think we're stupid? Eh? Eh? EH? <tuts loudly>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now