Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How old to shape eyebrows?

(13 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 12:53:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Paschaelina Sat 09-Jul-11 12:55:38

I think if she's already attempting to do it herself she's old enough. Take her.

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 12:58:39

LuckyMrsT Sat 09-Jul-11 12:59:21

It is young but you aren't imposing it on her as she's shown an interest first. As long as she's pre-warned about the discomfort and is happy to try it I think it's good to get her started on some basic grooming. Are you happy to pay for her regular threadings though?

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 13:01:18

Paschaelina Sat 09-Jul-11 13:05:47

Surely though, she wouldn't need it as often as once a month at her age? And also once she has the shape you could always teach her how to tweezer out the strays. (says the woman who goes 4 times a year if she remembers)

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 13:16:27

sprinkles77 Sat 09-Jul-11 13:50:07

Maybe you can wax them for her with veet strips. I do mine. much cheaper than getting someone else to do it.

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 14:42:48

bigTillyMint Sat 09-Jul-11 14:56:30

Oh poor thingsad Are they really that bad?

I only started getting mine done about 5 years ago, and I'm 46!

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 14:58:37

Northumberlandlass Sat 09-Jul-11 15:30:49

I tend to get mine shaped professionally, then they have a decent shape, then I tweezer to keep on top of them. Usually let them get messy every 6 months & get them done again at the salon.

Do you think she could tweezer the stragglers once she can see a good shape?

Havingkittens Sat 09-Jul-11 18:12:41

I agree with Northumberlandlass, get them professionally shaped and then make her promise to only pluck the regrowth and not break into the shape the beauty therapist has left. BUT, get the person that waxes them to shape them in accordance with her age by giving her a nice natural shape rather than waxing them within an inch of their lives. Even beauty therapists can fuck up brows, I've seen it many times. But they won't make as much of a mess of them as your average 11-16 year olds!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: