Talk

Advanced search

How old to shape eyebrows?

(13 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 12:53:45

we have just bought dds first bra, noticed some skin care is needed and now she has trimmed a chunk out of one eyebrow!

So, rather than allows her to mess them up and blind herself I thought I wou,d take her to get them threaded, ti be fair they are full and ginger (!) but 11 seems a bit young.

I am trying to help her tread the path between too old for her years, and social outcast.

Plus threading does hurt a. It.

Wdyt?

Paschaelina Sat 09-Jul-11 12:55:38

I think if she's already attempting to do it herself she's old enough. Take her.

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 12:58:39

That is sort of what I thought. Bummer though, I cannot always afford to have mine done as often as I would like, and now need to pay for her!

LuckyMrsT Sat 09-Jul-11 12:59:21

It is young but you aren't imposing it on her as she's shown an interest first. As long as she's pre-warned about the discomfort and is happy to try it I think it's good to get her started on some basic grooming. Are you happy to pay for her regular threadings though?

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 13:01:18

Nope! I guess that will be another £5 or so each month. She is getting expensive to run!

Paschaelina Sat 09-Jul-11 13:05:47

Surely though, she wouldn't need it as often as once a month at her age? And also once she has the shape you could always teach her how to tweezer out the strays. (says the woman who goes 4 times a year if she remembers)

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 13:16:27

Mmm maybe. Eyebrow has only just grown back, so was not keen to get her tweezing!

sprinkles77 Sat 09-Jul-11 13:50:07

Maybe you can wax them for her with veet strips. I do mine. much cheaper than getting someone else to do it.

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 14:42:48

Oh no! She is complete wuss. Much better for her to have someone other than me do it!

bigTillyMint Sat 09-Jul-11 14:56:30

Oh poor thingsad Are they really that bad?

I only started getting mine done about 5 years ago, and I'm 46!

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 14:58:37

They are not bad really, but did look odd with bits missing. I thought better shaped than mangled.

Northumberlandlass Sat 09-Jul-11 15:30:49

I tend to get mine shaped professionally, then they have a decent shape, then I tweezer to keep on top of them. Usually let them get messy every 6 months & get them done again at the salon.

Do you think she could tweezer the stragglers once she can see a good shape?

Havingkittens Sat 09-Jul-11 18:12:41

I agree with Northumberlandlass, get them professionally shaped and then make her promise to only pluck the regrowth and not break into the shape the beauty therapist has left. BUT, get the person that waxes them to shape them in accordance with her age by giving her a nice natural shape rather than waxing them within an inch of their lives. Even beauty therapists can fuck up brows, I've seen it many times. But they won't make as much of a mess of them as your average 11-16 year olds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now