Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a holiday/beach bag please

(11 Posts)
TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sat 09-Jul-11 08:50:14

Im looking for a funky beach bag that I can also to replace my rather worn-out baby changing bag to cart about all teenys stuff after our hols. Doesn't have to be huge (I will want to use it to take on the plane and will dump some stuff in DHs rucksack/in the pram!) - but big enough for towel, lotion, kindle, water etc.

I love unusal animal prints or bright colours (cerise/turquoise/purple would be good). Probably needs to have shoulder straps - rather than being hand held one if you know what I mean!

Would ideally like something for about £25-£30 max.... but not averse to a cheapie and will blow the budget for something perfect.

Thank you lovely people x

madammecholet Sat 09-Jul-11 10:48:38

here are some...

over budget but in sale

same again

oliver bonas

kew

FebreezeYourJeans Sat 09-Jul-11 15:40:09

these are beautifully made loads of pockets, attention to detail is fab!

MrsMeow Sat 09-Jul-11 20:42:10

I've got this one from ASOS, and it's great. Plenty big enough to fit everything in smile

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sat 09-Jul-11 21:44:12

Thank you - lots of good ideas. Not sure the stripy ones are really me.

I really like that Kew one - but need longer straps, I think.

I had looked at that old bag co. one before - it was my previous fave and is now a definite contender!

There are some fab bags on ASOS -hadnt thought of there - but trust me to love the Juicy Coutoure ones at £192 + £240 ......

ChuckYouFarlie Sun 10-Jul-11 17:29:34

Hilary Rose in Saturday's Times magazine raved about Emma Jane Baskets - said they're all under £30 and 'the best beach bags ever'. There you go.. the oracle has spoken www.emmajanebaskets.co.uk

Geordieminx Sun 10-Jul-11 17:45:22

There were some nice ones in New Look a wee while ago

Geordieminx Sun 10-Jul-11 17:48:19

animal print

wallstreet Sun 10-Jul-11 20:16:42

digging that Emma Jane link!

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sun 10-Jul-11 22:00:11

I love the animal print one - so thats a contender too.
I really like the Emma Jane ones too - but I have really funny/sensitive skin and know they would be itchy on my sun drenched skin!
Thanks everyone.

Selks Sun 10-Jul-11 22:04:58

TKMaxx have hundreds of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now