Talk

Advanced search

So much c**p in the shops

(11 Posts)
glassescase Fri 08-Jul-11 20:46:58

the title says it all! spent hours in John Lewis yesterday but found nothing! So disappointed really as I had a (very little) bit of money to spend. Does anyone agree?

Ephiny Fri 08-Jul-11 21:18:34

Yes I agree, I have gift vouchers to spend, and want some new summer clothes as I've lost some weight...but been on a very frustrating shopping trip today where I could hardly find anything nice, and nothing fits properly anyway angry.

meltedchocolate Fri 08-Jul-11 22:34:52

I suggest learning to sew and making your own smile

WhatsWrongWithYou Fri 08-Jul-11 22:47:59

Didn't you know you have to buy summer clothes in March?

glassescase Sat 09-Jul-11 19:22:11

I can sew, just don't have much time. Also. I can do reasonable dresses, but not tailoring/blazer type stuff.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 09-Jul-11 20:56:46

I agree. I've been to town today and saw only one thing that I liked - unfortunately it was 500 pounds. sad

glassescase Sat 09-Jul-11 21:56:27

At this rate I'd be able to save for the £500 pound item; there is just nothing around that I can buy.

Collision Sat 09-Jul-11 22:03:09

I had a great time at the sales today.

Bought a pair of cream flat shoes for £10 and a pair of short flat boots for £19 in M&S and in Monsoon I got a navy cardigan which is beautiful and a stripy breton top.

I was very pleased with my purchases.

whysolate Sat 09-Jul-11 22:12:17

Agree glasses.

I went into Manchester on Wednesday with £200 of vouchers and £200 to spend. Bought nothing. I hate it when the sales are on, I'm just not the rummaging type. I want everything displayed neatly, the same item on one rail in size order!!!

<shock I think I may be high maintenance!>

glassescase Sat 09-Jul-11 22:22:38

I agree; I can't be doing with a rack of odd synthetic maxi dresses in weird colours, all size 6 (!), mixed with orange parkas, strangely baggy, saggy t shirts in see through cream polyester and grey linen trousers.

ChuckYouFarlie Sun 10-Jul-11 17:44:24

Can you get to London? It's brilliant here, but only if you are focused... thanks to a previous S'nB thread I went to Anthropologie sale for dresses, and Russell and Bromley sale (day 1! Yessss!) for shoes. Bargainous. Bought a few really good things rather than the usual piles of crap and feel very happy for once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now