Talk

Advanced search

I've got wax in my hair!

(12 Posts)
GreenTeapot Fri 08-Jul-11 18:56:21

I went for my first ever beauty treatment today. I wanted my eyebrows waxed, and she got all excited and tinted them too. Now they're thick and black (I'm told they'll fade ...) and I have now found a lump of wax stuck in my hair! How do I get rid of it?!

I may be too traumatised to return ever again shock

GreenTeapot Fri 08-Jul-11 19:15:37

Come on, quit sniggering about me and tell me how to get rid of it without cutting a clump of hair out - soapy water doesn't seem to be effective sad

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 08-Jul-11 19:26:11

Well, to get candle wax out of carpet (apologies for the comparison!) you put brown/absorbent paper on top of the wax, and iron it gently so the wax melts and is absorbed into the paper. Could you try a variation on that?

parkingpermit Fri 08-Jul-11 19:27:17

put your hair in the freezer

GreenTeapot Fri 08-Jul-11 19:34:34

Ok, so now I have to decide between ice (hadn't thought of that but it works for gum, and then it should be hard enough to pick out right?) or the ghds and a teatowel. Votes?

confused

RightUpMyRue Fri 08-Jul-11 19:37:09

<snigger>

Sorry <pulls self together> I'd go for ghds with kitchen roll wrapped around them.

GreenTeapot Fri 08-Jul-11 19:40:30

Right I'm off to have a go with the straighteners. It's so sticky there's more bits sticking to it all the time so I have to get rid of it. I must have looked a right plank coming out with a big tuft of hair stuck together. angry

Wish me luck!

RightUpMyRue Fri 08-Jul-11 19:43:11

Thinking of you and laughing

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 08-Jul-11 19:45:22

<waits anxiously for news>

GreenTeapot Fri 08-Jul-11 19:56:04

It got mega sticky but most of it's on the tea towel I think. My hair was still sticky when it was warm but it's cooling now and seems less so, just feels snaggy. Hopefully it will condition out hmm

Could do without having a bald patch and looking like Noel Gallagher 2 weeks before my wedding!

MooMinCow Fri 08-Jul-11 20:00:14

Baby oil or Vaseline. Normally dissolves wax residue on skin. Failing that surgical spirit sometimes works....

AutumnWitch Fri 08-Jul-11 22:03:25

Another vote for oil - I keep some old almond oil for wax leftovers.

Shampoo afterwards to get rid of the mess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now