Talk

Advanced search

having my first botox consultation tomorrow....

(3 Posts)
virgiltracey Fri 08-Jul-11 18:51:15

what do I need to be asking?
I'm very excited. I am generally fairly wrinkle free but have four tramlines across my forehead (and have done for years) from where I raise my eyebrows so frequently.

Any tips?

TattyDevine Fri 08-Jul-11 18:58:03

Nothing much for you to say, they should ask you what you want to achieve from the treatment, which is pretty standard, so if you say, yeah I'm pretty happy but these tramlines have to go, they will discuss what they can do, how long it should last, how much it costs, and generally manage your expectations. They might ask you about other areas (for instance when I went originally it was for glabellar which is the frown lines in between the eyebrows) and he said that's great, I'll do them but I think really I should do the tramlines too or you will be dissapointed, which was true, and he said you may as well get some general lack of movement across the forehead and the brow lift to go with it so we decided on 2 areas. That kind of thing.

Just go in there and say why you are there (dont like my tramlines) and discuss prices, whether or not they offer a top up at 2 weeks (a good one should really or at least give you the option if the treatment is not what you thought) etc.

virgiltracey Fri 08-Jul-11 19:07:25

Thanks Tatty. Coincidentally I have just been looking at your hair colour piccies since I've recently gone from brown to highlights again after five years (another attempt to look younger!) and the condition of my hair has completey gone to pot due to the bleach used (by hairdresser, not at home). Wondering whether they will insist on using bleach again if i go to get my roots done since I'm not sure my long hair can take more bleach.

Good to know about the botox top up. I will remember to ask about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now