loader

Talk

Advanced search

minx toenails

(28 Posts)
lulaloop Fri 08-Jul-11 18:12:13

Has anyone had this done?

How much was it?

How long did it last? How do you remove it?

Thanks!

TattyDevine Fri 08-Jul-11 18:29:21

Yes!

£25

I had the silver ones, they were like little mirrors.

They lasted 7 and a half weeks. At that point I could have left them on because apart from a small section of "growth" at the base of my nail thus creating a cap, they looked perfect, but I actually got bored of them

Well worth it!

TattyDevine Fri 08-Jul-11 18:29:49

To remove - get some tweezers and rip em off. If you wanted to be really good you could warm them up first with either a hairdryer or a ray lamp.

LynetteScavo Fri 08-Jul-11 18:30:29

I want them.

I think they are chavtastic, but I still really want them.

arazmataz Fri 08-Jul-11 18:30:51

Sorry to be thick, but how do they put them on,please?

TattyDevine Fri 08-Jul-11 18:34:05

They can be pretty chavvo. Particularly the leopard ones grin

How do they put them on - with heat (ray lamp), they go bendy and they stick em on. Actually there's not much to it. I have since done them on myself bought off ebay, have a ray lamp though, I wouldn't suggest hairdryer like some sites say.

I have persevered with them mainy because I'm trying to grow out some really stained toenail (lots of burgundies and blacky colours last winter) and they look all minging so it covers that without adding to the problem. Nearly there now with a small strip of nicotine stained nail at the end (!) but will be gone in another month or so, certainly by the end of the summer. By which time I will want some more effing burgundy no doubt.

lulaloop Fri 08-Jul-11 18:44:34

I am quite attracted by the chavvyness tbh, I am into bling at the mo.

Hmm. Nots sure what colour I would go for, I quite fancy gold. Do they do bronze? How much did you pay?

Tatty my toenails are ALWAYS painted so they are pretty yellow (mmm) so this would be a nice treat for them!

TattyDevine Fri 08-Jul-11 18:53:16

They do something called gold lightening. They don't do bronze that I know of but they do an orange chrome if you are autumny coloured. Red lightening is also fab, would be very festive, I might have that at Chrimbo.

If you browse on ebay, it will give you an idea of what the salons will stock, there's practically the full range available on ebay.

chardom Fri 08-Jul-11 18:57:24

I have had a couple of designs and they last for ages. The red hibiscus ones are lovely, and were much admired! I'm having these ones put on tomorrow
www.sweetsquared.com/Sweet-Shop/Fingers-Toes/MARIAN-NEWMAN-PLUNGE

Cleverything Fri 08-Jul-11 20:35:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fglitter Fri 08-Jul-11 20:42:16

LOVE Minx. Mine cost £9 (!!) as the beautician was doing BOGOF on Minx/shellac nails smile. Normally costs £18. Can get for £15 around here also (midlands).

They have lasted three weeks so far and are perfect. I run about three times a week and thought that might rub it off but nothing. Will definitely be doing again.

CheeryCherry Fri 08-Jul-11 20:56:07

I paid £16,got those tiny flowery ones - my little toe one came off that night!! Had it put back though. Lasted 3 weeks, I got fed up of them and my toenails seem to grow quickly. I peeled them off in a hot bath. Not sure I would do it again.

BearGryllsBra Fri 08-Jul-11 21:02:16

£9! That's a bargain! Just been MINX'd today - had the silver omg I can see my knickers mirror effect ones and they are GORGEOUS! if a trifle blingtastic grin They were £20 though - was also worried about them rubbing off as I run jog three times a week too, so good to hear they stay put. They are not as perfect as these ones though, you can see little imperfections in mine, but they are glittertastic and I LOVE them!

Lulumama Fri 08-Jul-11 21:02:32

I had it last summer, lasted quite well, £20 IIRC, little toes came off after about 3 weeks, then they all started peeling after about another week

i have biosculpture now which is a but more expensive, but lasts 5 + weeks, it's similar to shellac

HellonHeels Fri 08-Jul-11 21:05:14

I was fancying the leopard ones! Are they really chav/trashy?

Any suggestions for where to get them done at reasonable cost in central-ish London?

TattyDevine Fri 08-Jul-11 21:28:23

You can't be a "chav" on one factor alone. If you are not a chav, putting minx nails on you will not make you one.

Putting a Barbour jacket on a chav will not make them a countrified lady either.

If you get what I mean.

You are either a chav or you are not. Who cares! grin

lulaloop Fri 08-Jul-11 22:16:04

Thanks for the replies.

My toenails are quite minging ridged so will go for a pattern - quite like the idea of that anyway.

nicolamumof3 Fri 08-Jul-11 22:29:08

I had mine taken off this week, had them put on the beginning of may! Lasted 8 weeks so great in my book, but they were looking a bit grown out and my nails were getting long blush had them done as pregnancy treat and really really pleased. Had the silver too, not so keen on the patterned ones, got gel on now, not sure what to have next.

chimchar Sat 09-Jul-11 06:45:16

I'm dying to get my toes done... It looks fab!!

Does it damage your nails at all?

TattyDevine Sat 09-Jul-11 08:46:55

It doesn't chimcar. Its like putting stickers on them. They are heavy duty stickers, so I suppose if you tried to rip them off without warming them first like a day after you had them on or something they might take a top layer of toenail, but no, its not like having acrylics and the like.

PinotLovesRonWeasley Sat 09-Jul-11 11:23:42

How about the glitter OPI nail colours instead for a cheaper option. Just a thought smile

ednurse Sat 09-Jul-11 11:33:24

I done mine myself using Primark brand gold foils grin had them on for 4 weeks and then they started looking a little tatty so I redone them last night - still using the same £3 pack.

I'm going to get them done properly before I go away though. Not sure whether to stick to gold or opt for metallic pink which look FAB. The girl I know does them for £15.

ThisIsJustASagaNow Sat 09-Jul-11 11:46:30

I had some gold ones last year. I loved them! I took them off after about 5 weeks though as a couple were lifting at the edges and I'd had enough by then. I did find them a bit hard to get off and seem to recall some of my nail peeling off in the process. (Didn't know about warming them up to remove though so that's probably where I went wrong.) They were lovely though and people kept asking me about them.

I saw a mum at the gate the other day with some v pretty pale pink sparkly ones. I couldn't stop looking at her toes blush I really like them for the summer and this has made me want them again for my holidays.

madammecholet Sat 09-Jul-11 11:54:56

I'm having shellec nails done for my holiday in a couple of weeks....anyone had it done?

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 12:06:57

I had shellac (French look) and they looked pretty nice and lasted for about ten days, so good for a holiday. I would go for a colour though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now