Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone do their own eyelash extensions?

(11 Posts)
HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Fri 08-Jul-11 15:10:12

If so is it hard and how long does it last? Or should I just stick to mascara grin

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 09-Jul-11 14:29:27

pathetic and needy bump

skyebluepink Sat 09-Jul-11 19:53:12

Do you mean the 'permanent' ones from eyelure? I would find it very very hard to do it myself. You'd get in a right mess wouldn't you?

You could try it though! Maybe use the small clusters rather than singles, they can last a couple of days.

Some things are worth paying other people to do- especially as someon e who does just lashes will be much much better than you could ever be doing it yourself unless you had hours and hours of practice.

Selks Sat 09-Jul-11 19:56:09

eyelash extensions? shock

never heard of them before!!

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 09-Jul-11 20:09:31

I can't afford to have them done more, I keep looking at those diy kits at about £30 and wondering whether it is achievable at home, they get mixed reviews ~ a lot say easy, and some say too hard to do alone.

Wondered if anyone had tried it or if I was being a numpty to consider it grin

skyebluepink Sat 09-Jul-11 21:29:46

I don't think you are a numpty - I am always wondering if I can do it myself from manicures to bikini wax to facials...I can do them but it is never ever as satisfying and I always vow never to do it again myself!

If you are dexterous and patient and have a friend who will help, give it a go.
It's about the technique rather than the product IYSWIM.

Or wean yourself off them and get a serum??

I think they are over rated: they look good to begin but then they go all funny and wonky and are expensive. Much better IMO to get into wearing strip lashes for special occasions and don't worry about the state of your eyelashes the rest of the time. Sorry for boring lecture/ tangent!

MooMinCow Sat 09-Jul-11 21:38:08

have you seen this video by Lisa Eldridge?

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/1961/individual-fake-eyelashes/

she demonstrates really well, and uses normal eyelash glue instead of the semi permanent stuff so if it doesn't look right you wouldn't be stuck (no pun intended) with dodgy looking lashes

I went out and bought some of those Ardell lashes and will try them next time I go out. her video on strip lashes is very helpful too.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 09-Jul-11 21:57:52

See that looks doable.

I only had them for holidays for the convenience or special occasions. And since I've used Rimmel Lash Accelerator my lashes have really really improved, hence I'd like to give them a little boost.

I know what you mean about looking wonky after a while though.

How long do you think they'd last using normal lash glue? <rubbish at strip lashes staying on more than 24 hours unlike friends who manage>

Collision Sat 09-Jul-11 22:01:10

ooh I had mine done today! They look FAB! though DH was a bit hmm about them!

Cost me £24 through Groupon.

Would not want to do them myself and will not get them done again at £100! so I bought a Maybelline mascara called Falsies or similar.

MooMinCow Sat 09-Jul-11 22:14:47

think they would only last a night out with normal glue, but if you were to use the semi perm glue they come with maybe a few days? why not practice with the normal glue until you perfect the technique, then try the stronger glue?

also depends what you want the extensions for? if it's to darken your natural lashes maybe an eyelash tint/perm before your holiday might be better?

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sat 09-Jul-11 22:17:47

I think I might buy tint and invest in some new curlers and waterproof mascara. Then perhaps practise at christmas time grin

I haven't been inundated with people going "yup I do it all the time" so guess it might be one to leave to the professionals grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now