Talk

Advanced search

Dress for weddings that I can breastfeed in....?

(11 Posts)
Schmaffy Fri 08-Jul-11 11:39:10

Please help!

DS1 is due any day now and I'm keen to make the most of the sales. We're off to 2 smart weddings in September and I need a dress to wear that I can bf in (zip front???) I know I'll be taking a chance size-wise but willing to take that risk.

Trouble is, I can't seem to find anything suitable. Suggestions?

Rindercella Fri 08-Jul-11 11:44:20

Wrap dresses are best imo. Isabella Oliver 365 do some lovely ones, like this (although I just see a Liz Jones' endorsement - eek shock)

Apart from that, what's your budget, shape, size, style?

shelley72 Fri 08-Jul-11 11:50:41

that wrap dress looks lovely - but then i loved IO when i was pg. for DD christening last year, i had a dress from phase eight similar to this which was fine to BF in. She was 10 wks when christened and i was v grateful that the dress was quite loose over the tummy area so hid a multitude of sins!

tethersend Fri 08-Jul-11 15:27:56

Bargain

Bicnod Fri 08-Jul-11 15:32:28

Ooooo - I was going to post the exact same thread - schmaffy are you me?!

DC2 is due any day now and we've got FIL's wedding in September so need a gorgeous dress I can easily feed in too.

Will watch with interest smile

daisythelabradoodle Fri 08-Jul-11 17:36:57

These dresses are fab for BF in as they are stretchy and they can be dresses up or down I have one in Navy and wear with different shoes, I'll be wearing to the races in a few weeks so maybe wortha look folksy.com/shops/CEEChic

Schmaffy Sat 09-Jul-11 14:50:57

Thank you everyone.

Rindercella - I'm 5 foot and normally a size 8-10. Budget is up to about £150. Being such a shortie I'm not sure a maxi dress would work.

Like the idea of a wrap dress - stupid question - but does your everyday wrap dress work for bf discreetly? Wrap dresses I've bought in the past I've had to wear a vest top under for coverage (too low otherwise) and really don't want to have to do that for a smart wedding ...

bigkidsmademe Sat 09-Jul-11 19:06:07

I have a lovely dress from Mamanana that I wore to weddings etc this summer - and the spring mumsnet meet up - and will carry on wearing even now I'm not feeding any more.

here

Within your budget too!

Rindercella Sun 10-Jul-11 15:26:55

I just had a pashmina, so I could cover up when feeding.

Boob do some lovely clothes specifically designed for breastfeeding. This is pretty and would probably look great on you: ://shop.boobdesign.com/en/product/402/nursing-dress-goldie#filter-2

Good luck with the baby smile

otchayaniye Sun 10-Jul-11 20:56:32

Issa wraps are good, if you wear a silk camisole underneath you can do that 'pull to one side, lift up' maneuver. I had some pre-pregnancy and wore while feeding out and about.

Ditto DVF Julianne silk jersey dresses.

otchayaniye Sun 10-Jul-11 20:57:33

I should add pick one up on eBay (size is true to size, generous even) -- I've bought about 8 ranging from 30 pounds to 150 pounds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now