Talk

Advanced search

BODEN SALE Pleat Neck Dress- anyone got it?

(6 Posts)
strawberryjelly Fri 08-Jul-11 10:59:06

Just taken delivery of it- adn unsure.

There is a huge amount of material in the front and it looks like a sack. However, I like the colour and it would be cool- if we get another heat wave. I am wondering about altering it and putting 2 long darts in the front under the bust to give it some shape, or wearing with a skinny belt, - or just sending it back.

Anyone?

tulpe Fri 08-Jul-11 11:15:05

strawberry - are you talking about the linen one? If so, I have it in blue. I wasn't sure at all so it hung in my wardrobe for 2 months unworn blush. However, I wore it for the first time last week and loved it. I had planned to wear a skinny belt but was in a rush that morning and forgot. I had so many compliments that I am really pleased I kept it smile When you wear it loose, it kind of softens after 20 minutes or so and looks a lot less sack-like. Looks fab with flat metallic leather sandals too smile

moragbellingham Fri 08-Jul-11 11:36:10

Same here, I've still not won it in 2 months but know I will at some point. It seems an easy to wear dress with or without a belt.

strawberryjelly Fri 08-Jul-11 11:59:46

Problem with sale is that you only have 7 days to decide and return. yes it is the one you said.

I do not own a simple easy summer dress- they are all smartish fitted shift dresses for an hour glass shape ( boasts- not) but YSWIM.

I will think on it- it seems a slightly odd fit as the reviews say- the problem is the pleasts at the neck mean the front hangs like a maternity dress.

dottyaboutstripes Fri 08-Jul-11 12:02:55

I sent mine back - was really unflattering and I so wanted to love it!

oldflamesprobs Fri 08-Jul-11 12:21:11

It's tricky- I am a neat size 8-10 and work hard at maintaining my figure smile so although I like and need a cool dress, I don't want one which does bugger all for me. I really like the colour of it and the length is perfect. it just feels like a dinner lday overall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now