Talk

Advanced search

summer dresses - I'm running out of time

(12 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 08-Jul-11 10:44:54

so i need to hit some shops that i know will have a decent choice. They are just for a summer holiday so I don't want to spend a lot but I'd like a few cool, casual, comfy frocks for the evenings. Where do you suggest please? Anyone seen a nice selection recently. yesterday i went to our local shops so H&M, Oasis, Top Shop but didn't see anyhthng suitable. (well, there might have been in H&M but the queue was sooooo long I didn't stop to find out. smile

TIA

JanMorrow Fri 08-Jul-11 11:57:22

Dorothy Perkins and New Look have lots of nice summer dresses in at the mo, and River Island have a few.

archanat10 Fri 08-Jul-11 13:40:13

i jst bought this one 4m dorothy perkins 4 a ball
http://bit.ly/pfQigk
got cashback of £1.25
dnt know ur budget and ur size

mckenzie Fri 08-Jul-11 16:46:32

that is gorgeous archanat10, I might have to copy you on that one. I'm a size 8 and price wise, that's perfect.
Thanks JanMorrow - looks like it'll be good old DP tomorrow then for me. Local or hit the big shops??? Difficult decision smile

daisythelabradoodle Fri 08-Jul-11 17:31:59

I have one of these and they are very wearable folksy.com/shops/CEEChic

mckenzie Fri 08-Jul-11 18:46:35

thanks daisy, it looks lovely but I need something that will keep me cool in 30 degrees and I'm not sure that will.

daisythelabradoodle Fri 08-Jul-11 20:27:56

Ahhhh no worries just love mine so much smile where areyou going on holiday?

Clure Fri 08-Jul-11 20:29:12

some great bargains at tesco

mckenzie Fri 08-Jul-11 20:41:38

thanks Clure. We're going to Lanzarote Daisy. For some reason this year, I really fancy wearing dresses every evening instead of my usual linen trousers with a variety of tops plus short denim skirt with a variety of tops smile. Perhaps it's my age. DS informed me today that I will be 47 next year. Quite why he felt the need to tell me that when I am only 45 now, I'm really not sure. But, it's dresses I'm craving and dresses I must have by wednesday morning at the latest. Ideally V necked as I'm quite busty for my frame. And ideally turquoise, purple, orangey red tones as they suit me best. Not too fussy then grin

daisythelabradoodle Fri 08-Jul-11 21:16:24

There's a website called shop style www.shopstyle.co.uk it's a search engine. Type in v neck summer dress and it will give you a load of results it's my fail safe option when stuck.

mckenzie Fri 08-Jul-11 21:48:11

what a great site Daisy - that's for that link

mckenzie Sat 09-Jul-11 19:08:08

disastrous shopping day. I got one dress and it's really too big but I was getting desperate! The Dorothy Perkins that i went to daisy was just full of sale stuff and autumn coloured items. I think i might have to somehow wangle another quick session tomorrow and shoot into London. What are my chances of DH agreeing to that???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now