Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

carrot cut trouser???

(9 Posts)
eveningprimrose Fri 08-Jul-11 10:37:27

Saw some in catalogue - thought wtf does carrot cut mea. can anyone enlighten? From the not very clear illustration I thought they were maybe wht I would once have called peg leg.
What to stylish ones think of the cut? Would it be good on a top heavy slim hipped person who looks a bit weird in skinnies?

Fimbo Fri 08-Jul-11 10:38:37

New on me, will wait with interest....

eveningprimrose Fri 08-Jul-11 10:39:05

Sorry full of typos - system is not letting me preview message.

Mea should read mean.

What do - not what to!

Fimbo Fri 08-Jul-11 10:40:50

Ahh here. It's those things that are baggy up top and then slimmer and rolled up at the ankle. I was calling them rolled up chinos. But can see how the resemble a carrot now.

DonaAna Fri 08-Jul-11 15:00:17

I look like a parsnip in them. The worst cut ever. The only people who look (semi-)decent in them are 20-something hipsters. I don't think they are for people old enough Mumsnet.

noddyholder Fri 08-Jul-11 15:02:02

I am a lot older than 20 something and I often wear them they are flattering if you are a certain shape.And I like them with a fitted jacket and heels it is cool but smart.

partyhats Fri 08-Jul-11 16:26:38

Do you mean tapered trousers? I like them but have not found any long enough for me yet, I want some full length ones as I don't want to expose my legs, all the ones in the shops seem to be just a little short with the exception of the ones in Primark which had sold out in the colour I wanted. I agree you have to be slim for them though and have a small bum and thighs and flattish stomach otherwise they would make you look huge. Having said that not sure I should wear them confused

MissBeehiving Fri 08-Jul-11 16:46:02

Agree with Noddy - they look good with heels and a jacket. Even if you're not 20 smile

Zwitterion Fri 08-Jul-11 17:08:11

I think they look great on the right shaped body - you probably need a fairly balanced shape to make them work.

I'm carrot shaped already, and thanks to the lovely Jillian I am now even more carrot shaped, so these look awful on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now