Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrows

(50 Posts)
MissKittyEliza Fri 08-Jul-11 08:48:29

Have been allowing my fair brows to grow and am trying to reshape. They weren't over plucked just quite a thin shape. I've persevered and think they look better but I need a really long wearing brow pencil/product that lasts. my present one (No 7) has evaporated in a warm environment, where I spend most of my time, by mid morning.

Thanks smile

sparkle1977 Fri 08-Jul-11 09:08:16

Just marking my spot as I am in need to this sort of product too.

Me too, I use Benefit Browzing, it stays put generally but if you accidentally wipe your brows whilst hot, as can easily happen while exercising, it is gone, and as mine are very dark but gappy I am very conscious of them. Have been considering tattooing but I am a bit chicken

Zwitterion Fri 08-Jul-11 09:23:52

I've used Clinique's for years and really like it - good shade for me and stays put.

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-Jul-11 09:32:46

I had the same question a couple of weeks ago - I was using benefit browzing and thought it was shit - the colours were a bit strange and the wax stank. Plus it didn't really work - your eyebrows would either look all waxy like Harpo Marx, or inconsequential.

I had my brows threaded at Shavata brow bar and they sell a brow fixer - three colours of brown which you can mix (one of them is a very fair shade and would suit the OP probably) - this is so much better than the benefit. Stays on all day and doesn't come off if you wipe your brows, it is a dry/powdery wax iyswim.

I think Shavata brow bars are in all House of Frasers (I had mine done in the Cabot Circus HoF)

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-Jul-11 09:33:11

It was £18 iirc.

Havingkittens Fri 08-Jul-11 09:33:32

Why don't you tint them? If the issue is just that they are fair rather than sparse that would be a good solution as it won't smudge or fade during the day. Or a tinted brow gel, perhaps.

If you want to tint them just get the dye from somewhere like Sally's. Get brown and grey and mix them 50/50 and add an equal amount of activator. The first time you do it, just apply it and then take it off within a minute so it doesn't go too dark. You will then get an idea of how long you need to leave it on to get the shade you want. If they do go too dark rub a little moisturiser or cleanser into them straight away, or whitening toothpaste if needs be.

Another suggestion is to use an eyeshadow with a slanted brush. My favorite combination for fair brows is MAC's 266 brush with their "Omega" eyeshadow.

CloversMama Fri 08-Jul-11 09:45:47

I use a Barbara Daly at Tesco one. It is the only place where I've managed to find one that is the right colour for me - dark but not black. It stays put as well.

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-Jul-11 09:48:29

I would be too scared to try tint. Last year I tinted DP's beard (he was paranoid about the grey in his beard and inexplicably had a beard at the time). I painted the stuff on his face and then we got distracted by something funny on the telly. The bloody stuff went BLACK. He shaved it off but that didn't help, his beard was a strange grey colour like Desperate Dan for days.

I don't think I should be let loose with tint on the face grin

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-Jul-11 09:49:04

I have never found an eyebrow pencil which works - I always end up looking like Joan Crawford.

MissKittyEliza Fri 08-Jul-11 10:08:36

Ladies.....thanks for the swift replies!

Will check out the Shavata and Clinique (the Clinique one is really hard wearing? We have a Clinique counter in a local pash chemists. I do tint my own brows but, mfind it goes quite dark and then fades after 3 Or4 days "wear".

We have a big Tesco but they don't do the makeup range.

apple99 Fri 08-Jul-11 10:42:27

I use the Clinique eyebrow pencil in dark brown. My brows are a good shape but since being pregnant they tend to get a bit patchy. It does stay put well and is a good colour for me.

PinotLovesRonWeasley Fri 08-Jul-11 10:45:33

I love the Soap & Glory Arch De Triumph double ended pencil. The only brow pencil thats soft enough to look natural but stays on even in the heat. I have gingeryblonde brows (I KNOW!) and works a treat.

MissKittyEliza Fri 08-Jul-11 11:12:01

Pinot....have seen that one. Looks quite waxy....it really stays on? Does ir come in just one shade?

JoJo586 Fri 08-Jul-11 11:31:17

Hello Ladies!

I am a beauty therapist so would definately recommend getting your brows tinted at a good salon and then what i do in between and as mine are gappy i use an Eyelure Eyebrow Pencil. They cost about £5 in boots and come in all different shades, one end is the pencil and the other is a brush so id apply the pencil with feathery strokes then brush through to keep them looking natural. I have used all brands of brow products and I find this pencil to be the best by far, simple to use and long lasting and a bargain too!

Hope that helps xx

MissKittyEliza Fri 08-Jul-11 12:26:05

Plenty to check out smile

ggirl Fri 08-Jul-11 12:30:12

I use laura mercier brow definer have had the same pot for about ages now and it's fab.

PinotLovesRonWeasley Fri 08-Jul-11 12:33:10

It does come in just the one shade, a mid-brown which works with my horribly fair brows. It's not slimy waxy iyswim, more soft. Harder than a soft kohl eyeliner if that helps. I'm not very good at being groomed, but this does help me look less shabby. <nice image> smile

MissKittyEliza Fri 08-Jul-11 12:41:22

Ok, thanks all. Have heard good things about LM one but can't justify that much "hard earned" though!

ggirl Fri 08-Jul-11 12:46:37

I have the soap and glory one as well , was a gift
it is not as long lasting as the LMone but has an easy texture to work with ans look natural
The LM one is actually cheap as it lasts years. Expect you're not supposed to keep it that long but I have had mine for about 3 yrs and it's only half gone blush

MissKittyEliza Sun 17-Jul-11 14:56:29

Am updating after all your suggestions.....

Have found fantastic product. Of all places, in Superdrug. I tried the Soap & Glory one and didn't think it looked in any way natural on me. Liked the highlighted end of it, though. Also, tried a Mac brownish shadow one which made me look like I was related to Groucho Marx and couldn't get the stuff off so, had to walk about with it all afternoon.

My new product is a kind of felt tip pen. It's GOSH and is billed as a long lasting eye brow defined. It stroked on easily, you have enough time to brush it through before it dries and then it's on. For the day....till you remove it with cleanser. I like and it was only £5.99p. No more pencils for me, this looks like your own brows and you don't end up with an odd filled in look from it being on your skin. I bought Venetian Brown. As you stroke it on, it looks a little reddish but then dries brown.....perfect shade for me, anyway smile

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 17-Jul-11 18:13:24

oooh, must try that. Always looking for good brow products

skyebluepink Sun 17-Jul-11 18:20:36

yes yes GOSH is brilliant as is the pencil for those who are less brave. It a PERFECt grey brown for blondes.

Thanks for the update, I might try that one. I had a felt tip pen one form Boots and it was too light brown for me, think milk chocolate when my brows are dark chocolate, as I am quite gappy that was no good. I will go and see if this one looks any darker.

I went and bought the Eyelure pencil, it was natural looking and easy to apply but no longer lasting than the Benefit Browzing, so I'm still searching.

skyebluepink Sun 17-Jul-11 18:23:11

I think you can only get GOSH at superdrug and it isn't pictured online and the superdrug website is crap anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now