Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What colour converses should I buy?

(17 Posts)
Sonflower Thu 07-Jul-11 18:55:29

I really want to buy a a pair of converse women's All Stars-but they are a lot more expensive than I would normally spend on footwear, as I am on a limited budget and usually get my shoes in charity shops!

But I love them, and know that I will get lots of use and my money's worth out of them.

I plan to wear them with jeans/trousers as well as with dresses/skirts so the question is what colour should I get-I have narrowed down the choice to white, cream , or navy ( I can only afford one pair unfortunately) bearing in mind I will probably want to wear them well into the Autumn/winter time too.

Can you help me decide?

apple99 Thu 07-Jul-11 19:08:20

I was going to say cream but if you want to wear them autumn/winter then navy is probably a better choice.

purepurple Thu 07-Jul-11 19:09:50

Black is the only colour converse to wear.

suzikettles Thu 07-Jul-11 19:12:46

I would buy these grey ones, if I had the money. Which I don't. Dammit!

Northumberlandlass Thu 07-Jul-11 19:18:40

Am planning to buy grey ones in about 3 weeks when I have some cash ! smile

LuckyMrsT Thu 07-Jul-11 21:12:23

These cream ones? Gorgeous but not sure how they'll stand up to the winter dirt.

I also like the purple ones. I really wanted to buy these but ended up getting bright royal blue as they were in the sale and were similar enough.

BikeRunSki Thu 07-Jul-11 21:16:43

Cream/white more summery.
Navy more all year round.

they wash in the washing machine well though.

I tend to wear red in winter and white in summer. Both are ages old.

hillyhilly Thu 07-Jul-11 21:17:03

I've had navy ones for a year now and don't know how I managed without them, they go with everything!
They also wash ok, though I've only done it the once.

maddiemostmerry Thu 07-Jul-11 21:20:57

I have a khaki pair that go with most things, well most of my clothes! Also have a beige pair.
They are a good buy as they last for ages.

applechutney Thu 07-Jul-11 21:32:10

I have black, but wear them mostly with jeans.

If you're set on choosing from those three colours, then I would say navy is your best bet.

DuchessEm Thu 07-Jul-11 22:02:35

I also have them in khaki and they go with loads of things! I was going to buy navy, but they seemed a little dark for the summer.

Have you checked Amazon? They always have some colours/sizes pretty cheap.

QueeferSutherland Thu 07-Jul-11 23:01:20

I have black that I wear to work with black wide legged trousers on cold days.

bridgeandbow Thu 07-Jul-11 23:14:42

I have grey high tops that I got in TKmaxx a few months ago for £27. I thought that was a good deal so it is worth looking about. Really like them - they go with everything!

HowAboutAHotCupOfShutTheHellUp Thu 07-Jul-11 23:18:06

I have silver ones ! They are more versatile than you might think and I've worn them a lot and they still look fresh.

They look really good with both white and dark blue denim. I love them and get loads of compliments when I'm wearing them.

lulahrose Thu 07-Jul-11 23:18:12

Look at getthelabel, they have them for £25.

nomorecake Thu 07-Jul-11 23:29:24

i got some light grey ones in TK Maxx for £19.
so might be worth trying there too. but it can be quite hit and miss there.

i would like navy for the winter but need to save up. and probably get them online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now