Talk

Advanced search

straight jeans with a turn up size 18 - where can i find 'em!?

(3 Posts)
icancancan Thu 07-Jul-11 11:09:20

Hello all
I'm not particularly stylyish but I like jeans and have been looking for a straight leg pair (not skinny jeans or boyfriend as size 18 and 5ft 3) with a turn up - preferably with vintage look.
Can anyone help? usually shop in frumpy places but am sure there are lots of options online I havn't considered.

niminypiminy Thu 07-Jul-11 11:44:35

Toast?

Expensive (but may well soon be in sale), I have some and they are really good.

Havingkittens Thu 07-Jul-11 12:10:59

If you like proper 50s style jeans with a (very) high waist try www.freddiesofpinewood.co.uk

Otherwise, I wear Levi's - either 627s or 751s - Both straight, dark wash and come in varying leg lengths so you can turn them up. I tend to get them 4 inches longer than my leg length as I like quite a big turn up. If you're feeling really flamboyant you can treat yourself to a pair of the new unisex/mens 50s Cinch jeans from Lee. I think they are about £95. The Levi's ones I mentioned are about £70-80 I think. 751s are a bit of a forgotten style as they are one of the classic men's ones rather than a 'fashion' style but they work really well for a 50s style.

If you want something cheap & cheerful then Top Man's dark wash straight jeans are worth a look. I find unisex or men's jeans are often cut better for a vintage look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now