Talk

Advanced search

Does it look stupid if you just get your legs spray tanned and not the rest of you?!

(9 Posts)
Caz10 Thu 07-Jul-11 09:22:03

am booked in for a spray tan next week and am terrified of going too dark, I noticed when I got home that they offer a "half body" option which I presume means I can just get my legs done? I am a ginger, very pale, really just want the tan to cover blemishes etc on legs so white they are almost blue! Not that fussed re the rest of me! So I am wondering whether to take the risk of being orange all over, or (hopefully) brown on the legs and white on the rest of me?! Am a bridesmaid and dress is just below the knee but quite well covered on the top half!

Olivetti Thu 07-Jul-11 10:20:57

It will look pretty obvious, in my opinion. Would look much better to have a light, all over golden tan. My tips:
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate beforehand to make sure you don't get dark/orange patches
- Make sure the tanning girl puts barrier cream on the obvious places (palms, elbows, nails etc)
- Have the tan 2 or max 3 days before the weddding, NOT the day before
- TELL the tanning person you don't want to be orange, in case they persuade you to have loads of coats!

Caz10 Thu 07-Jul-11 19:56:43

Thank you so much for the advice! It's years and years since I had a tan done, am terrified! it's St tropez, she says she'll only do one coat...

dexter73 Thu 07-Jul-11 20:55:48

It is very noticeable when people only fake tan their legs. Go for a light all over tan as Olivetti suggested.

monkeysmama Thu 07-Jul-11 21:06:43

I had one for the first time a few weeks ago and love it but it wS really pale on me. I'm a bit olive & it looked nice but I should've gone darker. That was St Tropez and I think it will be perfect for you.

monkeysmama Thu 07-Jul-11 21:09:00

Exfoliate tonight and moisturise loads, before tan exfoliate but don't moisturise! Wear black clothes that are loose and beware you need to travel home braless. The colour you go that night isn't the colour you'll be after a shower so don't worry. Moisturise daily and don't exfoliate. Mine lasted almost a week.

emsyj Thu 07-Jul-11 22:03:26

If you're only having one coat and it's St Tropez branded tan, I would have it the day before, not 2 or 3 days before.

<personal view>

One coat is very light and natural looking. I am very fair and had one coat before my wedding (having had the full works 2 coats for my hen night - looked like I'd been creosoted) - in the photos I just look normal colour, not pale, not tanned. It was just right. It was done the day before.

Caz10 Thu 07-Jul-11 22:55:35

Havd treated myself to soap and glory body scrub in preparation...am feeling less worried now thank you all! Will they spray my face???

emsyj Fri 08-Jul-11 13:43:20

Yes, they will spray your face! It feels quite nice I think - all lovely and cool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now