Talk

Advanced search

Tweezerman Tweezers

(7 Posts)
rattie77 Thu 07-Jul-11 08:15:33

Has anyone sent their tweezerman tweezers off for sharpening?, I have a pair desperate for repair but am not sure how much it will cost as it means sending them to New York, so may be cheaper to buy new ones?. Also am concerned about how long it will take.

dexter73 Thu 07-Jul-11 08:22:07

Here is some info from their website. The sharpening is free so it will just cost you to post them to the USA. Time taken - says 4-6 weeks for USA and longer for outside USA, and that there are 2 week delays at the moment! That seems like an awfully long time to be without tweezers!

coastgirl Thu 07-Jul-11 08:24:22

I was in one of those little local chemists that has become a Boots the other day and on their reduced shelf they had Tweezermans (Tweezermen?) reduced to £6/9 depending on the type. Would be cheaper to buy new ones at that price. Was tempted myself but I already have two pairs!

TattyDevine Thu 07-Jul-11 09:03:57

I've given up on Tweezerman. They don't really seem any better than any other bog standard tweezer, the main thing for me is that the two nippy bits meet in the right place and they all seem to go out of whack after a while and stop working. So it may as well be a pair of £1.79 slanted tweezers from Superdrug not something that cost £20 and you have to post to New York to get fixed!!

Havingkittens Thu 07-Jul-11 09:38:01

MAC tweezers are much better than Tweezerman. But they are also more expensive sad - they are £25.... Gulp! I've had mine for about 7 years though and they still have great grip, even on the finest hairs. Don't buy the pointy ones though.

Here's a tip though. I've not had to sharpen the MAC ones at all but I have sharpened the Tweezerman ones by rubbing very fine sandpaper or emery board (not the really gritty ones!) between the tips.

rattie77 Thu 07-Jul-11 20:57:08

Thanks for all your replies, think I will give it a miss and try and get another pair, it does seem a lot of trouble.

Havingkittens Thu 07-Jul-11 21:11:12

Rubbing sandpaper on your tweezers is hardly any trouble at all wink - just close them gently onto a piece of sandpaper or around a nail file and pull the sandpaper/file outwards away from the tips. Repeat until they work again properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now