Talk

Advanced search

Hair growing out of a mole - eugh!

(12 Posts)
DeeLite Wed 06-Jul-11 19:11:46

I am a proper old lady now! I have a mole which had a very light hair growing out of it and I decided to trim it blush. One year later and the hair (still just one thankfully) is thick and dark. Who should I see about getting it removed safely and how much do you reckon it will cost?

mittenkitten Wed 06-Jul-11 19:42:56

1) A dermatologist

2) Not necessarily anything, if you explain the hair has changed colour and texture. They are always very alert about any changes in moles. They might just, er, hole punch it out of there and send it off to be biopsied.

LadyGrace Thu 07-Jul-11 10:18:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Olivetti Thu 07-Jul-11 10:29:15

I would just go to your GP. I've got a weird little mole that I was a bit concerned about, GP says it is just a benign skin-tag thing and is whipping it off in minor surgery!

Winetimeisfinetime Thu 07-Jul-11 10:48:58

The upside of a hairy mole is that they are far less likely to be cancerous !

gregssausageroll Thu 07-Jul-11 11:01:04

Tweezers!

BulletWithAName Thu 07-Jul-11 11:02:16

My DP has a mole on his neck that gets 3 hairs growing out of it...one of my guilty pleasures is plucking it for him. I know, I'm weird!

Butterbur Thu 07-Jul-11 17:49:40

My mum has a couple of moles on her face, both of which have sprouted hairs all her life. She's plucked them with no ill effects, and is in her eighties now.

milkybarkidsgirlfriend Thu 07-Jul-11 18:02:46

the mole can be removed, but that doesnt guarantee hair removal, my large mole was removed, to leave 3 hairs behind!

VivaLeBeaver Thu 07-Jul-11 18:43:12

I have a fleshy lump on my cheek with a hair. Same size as a mole but more of a sebaceous lump, same colour as my normal skin. The thick hair gets ingrown and makes my lump swell and it gets sore, then I have to pick the hair out and get a scab which lasts for weeks. Will a dermatologist sort it out?

milkybarkidsgirlfriend Thu 07-Jul-11 19:26:16

yes viva, that is what happened to my mole, which was very dark, the hairs in grew, in exactly the same case as yours, it bled a lot, scabbed over, took for ever to heal and then would start over. My doctor removed the mole, however the hairs remain.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 07-Jul-11 19:33:30

My gp referred me somewhere, two years ago. Never heard anything, now he won't refer me again as they've cut down on cosmetic stuff. Had a scabby lump for two years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now