Talk

Advanced search

calling you red heads - what colours suit? I'm taking dh shopping

(15 Posts)
sweetheart Wed 06-Jul-11 16:02:43

Dh and I are popping to the shops later and having recently had my colours done I'd like to get him some nice bits.

He's a red head with green eyes and fairly pale skin but he does tan well rather than burning.

What would suit his colouring?

PinotsKittens Wed 06-Jul-11 16:26:36

My DSs are all various shades of ginger. It depends on the shade of his hair I think. Sorry thats not much help, but ginger comes in so many colours.

motherinferior Wed 06-Jul-11 16:30:08

Cliche though it is, most of us do look good in green. Except we're usually so cross at having been forced into it as a child that we refuse to wear it.

sweetheart Wed 06-Jul-11 16:32:02

he's not a very deep rusty red head - more of a strawberry blonde.

wahwahwah Wed 06-Jul-11 16:33:38

Green, brown, some reds and yellows, royal blue... not white or beige.

worldgonecrazy Wed 06-Jul-11 16:43:44

Pink (salmon or hot pink) can look really nice on a man with that colouring, if he is man enough to wear it.

worldgonecrazy Wed 06-Jul-11 16:50:41

just realised my last post sounded trite. What I meant was some men aren't comfortable wearing pink but those that do are often those that are most comfortable with their manliness (is that the sound of me digging a deeper hole?)

Bonitas Wed 06-Jul-11 18:13:20

I'm a redhead with green eyes and suit all autumn colours, rusts, greens etc.

I can also wear strong colours such as royal blue, navy & deep red.

I cannot wear any pastel shades. DS2 has red hair & blue eyes and looks better in pale colours.

I think the eyes make the difference so I would suggest you try the more earthy tones & stronger shades.

HTH

anothermum92 Wed 06-Jul-11 18:18:33

Message withdrawn

glitterkitty Wed 06-Jul-11 21:37:56

Im strawberry blonde with greeny eyes & pale (yellow toned rather than pink) skin.

I do not suit autumn/yerllow/olive tones, or pastels! Its true all redheads are different...

I can wear summery mid blue/teal/white/coral also black/navy/cherry red & bottle green.

TheSmallClanger Wed 06-Jul-11 21:53:34

DH has brassy ginger hair and green-hazel eyes. He looks good in slightly orangey reds, navy blue, darkish grey and pink, although he doesn't like it much.
He cannot wear beige/stone/ecru/whatever.

TantePiste Thu 07-Jul-11 02:15:08

My dh and both dcs are ginger so i have practice. Imo, they look great in blue, camel, light tans, white, corals and light yellows. All my gingers are springs, though sometimes i almost suspect ds is that rare animal, a ginger summer. None of them tan, though dh and dd have a high colour that contrasts nicely with white. Though they do look good in green, i do think they look even better in blues. They all suit much lighter shades than i would usually select. My dh looks so yummy in camel, or light yellow, all glowing. grin

wahwahwah Thu 07-Jul-11 12:19:04

we don't like the term 'ginger'... angry

glitterkitty Thu 07-Jul-11 18:41:34

Reclaim the ginger. Ginger is good! Red is a cop out IMHO...

startail Thu 07-Jul-11 23:32:17

My strawberry blond female friend gets away with orange, red, brown , strong pink, purple and of course green. Not violet and absolutely not coral or peach which is odd because DH has a really nice summer shirt in shades of orange and peach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now