Talk

Advanced search

I do not look like Sophia Loren in my Boden swimming costume - it's going back. Help me find a new one!

(12 Posts)
messybessie Wed 06-Jul-11 11:42:25

I bought a retro swimsuit from Boden.

However, 50s sex siren I am definitely not and look like a beached whale with saggy tits sad. Its going back.

I need structure here people! Underwiring and preferably something to sort out my belly.

Help me please!

Asparaguses Wed 06-Jul-11 11:47:44

without a doubt the most flattering swimsuit I have ever had

BulletWithAName Wed 06-Jul-11 11:51:07

What size are ya?

This is gorgeous for size 16+

Lipstickgal Wed 06-Jul-11 11:51:19

Boden, in my experience has a problem with sizing things properly once you are a 14+. It has been said before but it is true the quality of the goods has been in decline. Shame the prices haven't to reflect this!
I'm sure in a decent quality swimsuit you will be a siren. Put this one down to a ill design rather than your body being at fault.
I quite like a bit of a skirt to mine to work a retro look. Also means stomach isn't such an issue.

Lipstickgal Wed 06-Jul-11 11:53:27

That purple Curvity one is lovely!

messybessie Wed 06-Jul-11 12:03:59

I'm a 16 so definitely need a bit of scaffolding! I love that Sweaty Betty one.

The purple one is lovely too but I do worry about the skirt/top thing will make me look wider.

But at least it covers the cellulite wink

BulletWithAName Wed 06-Jul-11 12:08:30

Cellulite coverage is always a good thing grin

I'm loving the 50's swimwear revival, they're so flattering and sexy without being in your face.

HellonHeels Wed 06-Jul-11 12:55:59

Thumbs down from me for Boden swimwear. Never fits my big boobs, no support - not surprised you were sagging a bit.

If you're busty, bravissimo does some good swimmers.

moragbellingham Wed 06-Jul-11 19:31:55

I like the "Wish You were here" swimsuit and "Soprano" from Bravissimo. Both quite retro.
The Panache nautical red stripe one from Figleaves is also lovely.

Sorry can't link.

BulletWithAName Thu 07-Jul-11 08:39:45

Linked for you morag-

Wish you were here

Soprano

The wish you were here one is gorgeous, I wish they did it in a high waist bikini version!

messybessie Thu 07-Jul-11 14:20:43

There is a Bravissimo shop where I'm going tomorrow. That's the one.

Boden duly returned sad

BulletWithAName Thu 07-Jul-11 14:21:38

I'm sure you'll look lovely in it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now