Talk

Advanced search

Eye lift on NHS?

(6 Posts)
Euphemia Wed 06-Jul-11 11:35:19

I have small eyes and the skin below my brows is quite droopy, especially in one eye.

With that eye, the skin now hangs down onto my eyelashes and is becoming annoying: would I be able to get it fixed on the NHS?

If not, what does an eye lift cost privately?!

barbie1 Wed 06-Jul-11 11:38:57

My mil was glassed and lost the sight in her eye and has very bad scarring etc. The nhs wouldn't offer her an eye lift even though she is very depressed how she looks now.
She is looking into private eye lift, so far it looks to be costing about 3000 gbp.

allnewtaketwo Wed 06-Jul-11 11:40:31

MIL managed to get an eye-life on the NHS by lying that her sagging eyelids were causing her problems with her sight. Maybe it depends where you live

TattyDevine Wed 06-Jul-11 12:15:28

Allnew I like the cut of her jib!

Hmmm...perhaps save up or get credit (not dogey crap credit but some have interest free over 5 years type thing which is the best loan you'll ever get) and then you can choose your surgeon and do it at a time that suits you (like school hols)

cazza40 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:42:23

It sounds like you have the same problem as me. To be honest Botox has fixed it for me by lifting that area. I am 40 now but guess I might go for surgery when I am older. Have you considered Botox ?

StyleandBooty Wed 06-Jul-11 12:52:58

My Mum had both eyes done because the drooping was affectin g her sight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now