Talk

Advanced search

I want to shop my new colours - anyone want to help?

(15 Posts)
sweetheart Wed 06-Jul-11 10:41:58

I've recently had my colours done - I'm a clear, light, cool (or summer) and I want to buy some things to spruce up my wardrobe.

I'm a pear shape so can afford to go quite bold on top, usually a size 8-10. As well as tops I could do with a selection of scalves, jewellery to mix and match.

My colours are:-

stone
ivory
light & medium grey
taupe
light navy
light teal
turquoise
light aqua
lemon
purple
cornflower and sky blue
mint
geranium (which is red)
blush pink, rose pink, baby pink
white

I'm really struggling to take all the new advice on board and fill my wardrobe full of lovely things to wear!!!

Lipstickgal Wed 06-Jul-11 11:14:35

Mint velvet?

Lipstickgal Wed 06-Jul-11 11:20:11

They have got a sale on at the moment. My colouring is completely different but have thought when I have seen their ranges that the palette seems to be geared around a summer's perfectly. Lots of greyed tones etc.
Enjoy!

sweetheart Wed 06-Jul-11 11:24:03

I find the colouring at mint velevet quite dull - I already have quite a bit of grey in my wardrobe and realyl wanted some of the bloder colours to brighten it up.

Lipstickgal Wed 06-Jul-11 11:27:53

Sorry I just saw your list of colours and took it from there.

mittenkitten Wed 06-Jul-11 11:37:28

What are you asking? Which shops have those colours in at the moment?

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 06-Jul-11 11:40:31

DP have some nice tops in atm
this ??

cornflower blue

geranium & turquoise

Lipstickgal Wed 06-Jul-11 11:44:16

Why not treat yourself to a day shopping? You can try the things on and put things together re accessories on the day. A lot of colours online aren't accurate and having gone to all the trouble to have your colours done you will recognise it is important to get the tone right. Personally I think you would be better taking your swatches and getting it just so. Good luck.

mittenkitten Wed 06-Jul-11 13:07:42

Lipstickgal speaks the truth! I had my colours done recently too (have bored everyone here and IRL senseless on the subject too) yes, you need to study the palette and get a good sense of the range of colours. However, in order to actually match them you need more than a name or even a pic online. Your geranium, aqua and turquoise are going to be totally different from my geranium, aqua and turquoise -- yours will be cool, while mine are warm. The only thing to do is go shopping . . . and I am a shopping dodger too, but to get it right you really need to hold your swatches up to the clothes in person.

mittenkitten Wed 06-Jul-11 13:09:07

oops, did that post make any sense whatsoever?? blush

WhatsWrongWithYou Wed 06-Jul-11 13:14:30

I agree go shopping. Don't panic about trying to change everything over at once, it can take ages but eventually you'll find it comes easily.
I do sometimes order online but it's hit-and-miss.
Aqua for some reason always seems to turn out to be the warm version.

I'm afraid you'll have to get used to coming home empty-handed though - sometimes there just isn't what you need in the shops!

ivykaty44 Wed 06-Jul-11 13:21:07

stone here mint velvet here mint velvet
ivory
light & medium grey here mint velvet
taupe dress
light navy dress
light teal
turquoise a few of the colours
light aqua here kettle
lemon dress
purple
cornflower and sky blue
mint
geranium (which is red) here
blush pink, rose pink, baby pink baby pink
white

mittenkitten Wed 06-Jul-11 14:10:43

This recent post has some wardrobe ideas for Light Summer.
http://12blueprints.com/light-summer-looking-serious/

mittenkitten Wed 06-Jul-11 14:11:07

oops crap forgot to do MN stylee link
Light Summer

WhatsWrongWithYou Wed 06-Jul-11 16:33:02

Oh, don't forget Kettlewell Colours. I'd have thought you could rely on their shades matching your palette, though I haven't tried them myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now