Talk

Advanced search

Help me accessorise this dress please.

(11 Posts)
SarahScot Tue 05-Jul-11 16:09:04

Here is the dress:
http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Printed-Tulip-Dress-With-Tie-Back-Detail/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1583243&SearchQuery=tulip%20dress&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Print

I'm looking for some sort of cardigan/cover up as I'm still a bit fat after having a baby and am feeling self-concious of my flabby arms and mahoosive boobs.

I'd also like flat shoes of some kind as it's quite a short dress and I have long legs - I think with heels it looks too leggy on me. Also, my pelvis still hasn't recovered from pregnancy so flats would be kinder to my poor body.

Haven't I painted a pretty picture of myself??? I'm a size 14, but a wobbly one!

SarahScot Tue 05-Jul-11 16:09:55

oops, here's the link properly: dress

FebreezeYourJeans Tue 05-Jul-11 17:06:08

Bloody hell that's short and it would be a mare with my mahoosive boobs. Have you tried it on?

SarahScot Tue 05-Jul-11 18:21:43

Yes, bought it already. I have nice legs and am reasonably young so the length is fine . . . or perhaps I am just mutton dressed as lamb grin.

FebreezeYourJeans Tue 05-Jul-11 18:33:34

Then I'm jealous envy

pick out the pink?

SarahScot Tue 05-Jul-11 18:38:51

They're quite nice, but I think I prefer sandals.

Have just looked at the ASOS pic again, and the dress looks v short on the model but she's a good 4 inches taller than me.

FebreezeYourJeans Tue 05-Jul-11 18:45:03

too much heel? They are flat in a way though though because of the platformy bit.

SarahScot Tue 05-Jul-11 18:54:34

Ooh, I do like them, will def go into Office to try them on. Thanks.

Billygean Tue 05-Jul-11 19:18:21

I would definitely wear gold accessories with this. I think picking out the pink would look too matchy (in my opinion) and if you get a bit of bronzer going, gold will pull this look together and look very summery.

I'd go for gold bangles, a sparkly sheer gold or silver cardigan (ASOS have a lovely one but it is £85), gold ballet flats.

By the way, this was my first ever Mumsnet post!

SarahScot Wed 06-Jul-11 13:15:28

Well thank you Billygean, I'm honoured to be your first wink

I've seen a few pairs of sandals online I like, it's the cover-up/cardigan part I'm struggling with. Not very good at dressing my newly fat body!

Billygean Wed 06-Jul-11 15:49:29

This would look lovely if you're going for gold shoes, or you could try a black cardigan. I'd definitely get a shrug or if you get a long one, one with short sleeves as you don't want to cover that lovely dress up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now