Talk

Advanced search

Tips for rescuing nude coloured flats?

(7 Posts)
ghosteditor Tue 05-Jul-11 15:50:32

Hey ladies,

I'm hoping one of you will have some wisdom on how to rescue a pair of nude flats (patent outer, leather inner) which haven't been the same since a waitress tipped an entire tray of drinks down me last week. The worst was a pint of coke which went all over my lap and onto (and into) my lovely shoes. I bought them in NY on my wedding anniversary so they have sentimental value, plus they are one of the few pairs of flat which fit my weird troublesome feet without ripping holes in them. The waitress was apologetic and while I feel she was a bit careless with the tray, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't offer anything to make up for it. I didn't push it as I was too busy trying to dry myself off!

I washed the outside straight away and have wiped down the leather inner a couple of times but they're sort of sticky and frankly a bit whiffy now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rescue them? I've had a look online and I think they are available in the UK, but having spent the time wearing them in I'd rather rescue this pair if possible...

chocolateteabag Tue 05-Jul-11 19:32:53

Try baby wipes? They work magic on most of my food on clothing/carpet mishaps with DS

Once you've got rid of the stickiness, if they still smell try baking soda or Bicarbonate of soda inside them overnight - works on smelly trainers but you have to be generous with it.

ghosteditor Thu 07-Jul-11 16:10:08

thanks much, I'll give it a bash!

bebemad Fri 08-Jul-11 10:13:39

Sorry no advice on the stain, but i would love to know what shoes you have as i have been looking for a nice pair of patent nude pumps for ages!

ghosteditor Fri 08-Jul-11 11:02:23

bebemad - I know what you mean, it took me ages to find these. I do have difficulty finding shoes to fit though so I'm especially particular.

I bought these shoes from Aldo - in NY but I think they're actually cheaper here [grumble]. They're pretty without being cutesy, and I think they're leather inside so they don't rub as much as synthetics.

berri Fri 08-Jul-11 13:24:07

Apparently if you fill your shoes with cat litter, then leave them overnight and tip it all out in the morning, it takes smells away....

Never tried it myself but might be worth a go.

I really feel for you btw - what an awful thing to happen!

ghosteditor Fri 08-Jul-11 13:27:52

thanks berri - eek not sure if I like that idea! I need to try something though.

I waitressed for six years and never tipped a tray on anyone - such a schoolgirl error!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now