Talk

Advanced search

What shampoo and conditioner?

(25 Posts)
Selks Tue 05-Jul-11 15:45:16

Recommend me some lush and effective shampoo and conditioner for my hair, if you would. Fancy something nice and not too chemically.

My hair - shoulder length long layers, wavy, home coloured dark blonde / honey (and prone to going a bit brassy) fine but reasonably thick hair that can sometimes be fluffy/frizzy on the ends, tangly, or limp depending.
I tend to use conditioner just on the ends; shampoo every day, and let hair dry naturally on the commute to work.

Suggestions, please! Something yummy and 'natural', maybe.

quirrelquarrel Tue 05-Jul-11 15:50:17

Henara, perhaps.
There's also one called Linco Beer which is a shampoo/conditioner and Yves Rocher do nice ones.

I love brassy hair! It looks fab. Like on a mermaid grin

peanutsmuggler Tue 05-Jul-11 15:51:54

I've recently started using Joico and am very impressed, smells gorgeous too.

Selks Tue 05-Jul-11 15:56:36

I'm using the Aussie miracle moist at the moment, and it's not bad. Just feel like ringing the changes, maybe with something a bit less supermarkety.

Thanks for the suggestion so far!

Quirrel - trying to visualise myself as a mermaid...it's not working, lol

quirrelquarrel Tue 05-Jul-11 16:00:53

Never seen the appeal of having a great scaly tail flapping around? Strange woman!

thumbwitch Tue 05-Jul-11 16:03:25

Aveda works for me - I have very dry hair and I rather love Aveda. It's expensive but very natural and they do different ones for different colour hair, as well as hypoallergenic and things like that.

thumbwitch Tue 05-Jul-11 16:04:58

If it's too expensive though, Boots have the Naked range which is also low-chemical - I use that as well. I use the shampoo on DS and the conditioner for me, cos I can't always wait the extra time needed for the Aveda Madder root conditioner.

cumbria81 Tue 05-Jul-11 16:32:40

I really like Charles Worthington conditioner for dry hair. It really makes it feel really smooth.

ENormaSnob Tue 05-Jul-11 17:07:27

I use one of the lush ones.

It's a solid one that you lather up like soap and it's a 2 in 1 for dry hair.

I then use a normal conditioner, one for dry hair.

My hair is very thick and curly.

BerryLellow Tue 05-Jul-11 19:53:42

Mop Organic, Mixed Greens.

I'm thinking about trying the Moroccanoil range next

BongoWinslow Tue 05-Jul-11 20:03:03

Another vote for Aveda - love it. Every time I use it people comment. The conditioner is insanely expensive but the shampoo is fine if you buy the big bottle and a pump. It's about £25-30 (depends on which one) but lasts for absolutely ages (months and months).

TattyDevine Tue 05-Jul-11 20:21:52

Aveda Blue Malva shampoo, Damage Remedy conditioner, GHD Remedy Cream for your ends.

gettingolderbytheday Tue 05-Jul-11 20:29:25

Aveda scalp treatment shampoo is great, not just for those with problem scalps.

Soups Tue 05-Jul-11 20:46:13

I've recently started using a clarifying shampoo every couple of weeks and a light conditioner, one that says it doesn't build up. Both of mine are pantene.

I was a bit worried the first time as my hair did squeak as I washed! But it does seem to clear away all the crap that builds up, we have hard water and that doesn't help. After washing + conditioning I rinse with cooler water.

My hair is usually thick and hard to manage.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:48:18

I got a litre bottle of aveda damage remedy shampoo and litre of damage remedy conditioner for £80 and free postage on ebay.

I use argan oil as a pre-shampoo overnight treatment. Its working on DHs dry hair too.

Selks Tue 05-Jul-11 20:58:31

Wow, lots of votes for Aveda; I'll check it out. Will also look into the Lush one.

Havingkittens Wed 06-Jul-11 10:01:49

I use Argan Secret Shampoo & Conditioner, which you can buy on Amazon or in Sally's if you have one nearby. It's £11.99 a bottle but if you know anyone with a Sally's card (ie. hairdresser, beautician etc) you can get it at trade price and even cheaper if you get them to go in on the monthly VAT free day they have. It's Sulphate and Paraben free, smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling really soft and healthy. I have fine but thick hair too which goes fluffy and it's behaving rather well with this stuff.

LuckyMrsT Wed 06-Jul-11 10:13:54

Ahhh the lovely smell of Miracle Moist! For tangleyness I've just bought one of these after being bowled over at the hairdressers. Revolutionary!

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 06-Jul-11 11:24:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Selks Wed 06-Jul-11 11:41:17

Is that brush really good, Lucky? My hair is a total birdsnest after my shower, so I could do with a good de-tangler.

LuckyMrsT Wed 06-Jul-11 12:07:59

It is - same here with post-shower hair! I used to spend forever with a wide toothed comb pulling knots out (along with loads of hair). I don't know how it works but it does. Read the reviews on amazon.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 06-Jul-11 13:09:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mincey Wed 06-Jul-11 15:50:27

Oleo Bodycare rosemary & nettle shampoo its really fab and all natural. Its just won an award at the green parent mag for best shampoo. They also do a conditioner, also fab. On line only I think, vg service.

Minione Wed 06-Jul-11 18:13:56

I've recently been using Kevin Murphy's Angel Wash and Rinse. It it sulphate free (I think!) and is lovely. I have highlighted naturally wavy hair which looks thick but is actually quite fine which I straighten everyday. Its expensive but very good

feelforcedout Wed 06-Jul-11 18:16:32

does asdas own anti dandruff shampoo and conditioner count? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now