Talk

Advanced search

Thinning a childs hair?

(4 Posts)
megcleary Tue 05-Jul-11 10:05:30

Is this recommended nowadays, dd is 3.10 and has really thick hair which is killing her in this heat.

Would a hairdresser thinning it damage her hair for the future.

What do you mean by thin? What is her hair like?

You can thin out hair by adding lots of layers, that's about it, it won't damage it.

If it is long can you not put it in a pony tail or plait soaking wet in the morning, if it is really thick it won't dry out all day and will stay quite cool.

megcleary Tue 05-Jul-11 10:13:04

Her hair is thick heavy and wavey. It is to just above her shoulders its the nights mainly she wakes up with it plastered to her in this heat, maybe layers would help.

bigTillyMint Tue 05-Jul-11 10:17:00

DS has very thick and slightly wavy hair - just like me!
He has it long. Well, long fringe and longish elsewhere, and the hairdresser thins it out, just like she does mine. We both get lots of comments about how nice our hair looks smile

MMine is a good shoulder length and I can still tie it up. I have had it thinned alot over the years, from being a child and it hasn't done me any harm! I have like a triple or quardruple thickness ponytail compared to my DD who has never had her hair thinned, but I think inherited her Grandma's / Nanny's hair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now