Talk

Advanced search

Help! Singed forehead and getting married on Sunday

(10 Posts)
nutterbutsquash Mon 04-Jul-11 21:23:11

Really hoping someone can help my friend who has just called in a panic. SHe's burnt her forehead with curling tongs and is getting married on Sunday. She's already run her head under cold water but is wondering if there's anything else she can do to reduce the reg thumbsized mark (especially to stop it scabbing) before the big day. Does anyone have any good ideas?!
thanks!

nickschick Mon 04-Jul-11 21:23:58

bio oil?

Jammygal Mon 04-Jul-11 21:25:53

aloe vera gel/plant pulp.
Cut a fringe
A good make up artist ;)

TattyDevine Mon 04-Jul-11 21:26:18

Uh. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you can't really do much to stop this natural healing process. If it were a few months she might be able to aid it but she's got to go through it, possibly. Ice, that is all I can think of. If she picks the scab or interferes in any way it might scar forever. It might not scab. Shit. I feel for her, but she needs to leave it alone and cross her fingers.

Crossing everything for her! Fingers crossed, toes, legs, ovaries!

Havingkittens Mon 04-Jul-11 21:34:41

8 Hour cream or Lucas Paw Paw ointment will help.

Maggy78 Mon 04-Jul-11 21:37:20

A fringe is maybe the best solution at such short notice. Really feel for her. Have nightmares bout something like that happening me.

daimbardiva Mon 04-Jul-11 21:39:24

Sudocrem! Honestly, I've found this really great at helping burns to heal (I am v clumsy and burn my wrists on the oven a lot..!)

nutterbutsquash Mon 04-Jul-11 21:43:34

Brilliant - thanks so much everyone. She's gone off to tescos to get supplies!

MrsMeow Tue 05-Jul-11 12:08:25

8 hour cream is great for burns. I caught my finger just above my knuckle on one of the racks in the oven about 2 weeks ago. Put 8 hr cream on it and reapplied every so often and theres just a tiny red mark there now.

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 05-Jul-11 12:47:44

A Russian friend of mine swears by egg white, her daughter spilt boiling soup down her chest as a child and she has no scar...haven't tried it myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now