Talk

Advanced search

Give me links aplenty, oh stylish ones. I need GOLD JEWELERY...

(20 Posts)
TattyDevine Mon 04-Jul-11 20:56:02

Okay so I recently bored various members of the board with tales of how I got my colours done. So life as a Clear Spring is going rather nicely, ticking along buying various bits in the summer sale in my new colours etc.

But it turns out I'm apparently better at "gold" than "silver" in terms of skin tone, and I didn't quite believe it at first as I had come to prefer silver over the past decade or so, perhaps because I got married and had a big diamondy platinummy thing happening on one hand and didn't want to clash with that, who knows, anyway.

So I bought a really crap thing from New Look for next to nothing This, please don't laugh just to see if I could fathom "gold", and it looks bloody fantastic against my skin so seems they were right.

So I need something "real". I nice everyday pendanty thing, the New Look fakeness gives you an idea of the kind of style I like, ideally something a bit vintagey or romantic looking, nothing super shiny or too classic.

Any ideas for websites to look at? Where are the cool kids buying gold stuff these days? Anything special or different?

Thank you in advance grin

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 04-Jul-11 21:26:36

Poets Charm Necklace - I bought this at the weekend and its lovely.

TattyDevine Mon 04-Jul-11 21:30:16

Ooh that's lovely Mrs Black

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 04-Jul-11 21:37:53

Also Wallis apparently have a nice multi-strand gold necklace coming in soon - was in Harpers but I haven't seen it online yet and don't often venture into the store in RL

TaudrieTattoo Mon 04-Jul-11 21:41:24

'Made' jewellery is fab, they sell it in Whistles. I've got a great long charm pendant thing from there. It's boho-ish.

here

TaudrieTattoo Mon 04-Jul-11 21:42:04

Oops, link fail.

try again

TattyDevine Mon 04-Jul-11 22:11:37

Ooh noice, all very noice, do keep them coming... grin

VerityBrulee Mon 04-Jul-11 22:54:00

Alex Monroe and Monica Vinader both have pretty gold jewellry that's not eye-poppingly expensive. Also Agatha often have very pretty pieces and are very reasonable, dont think you can buy online though.

CakeandRoses Tue 05-Jul-11 10:08:12

dh just bought me a pair of earrings from this range, azuni do several different ranges which include some items of gold, most of which should fit your bill.

i was delighted to find them as i've been looking for beaten-up, hand-made looking gold earrings for yonks.

their gold-coloured stuff is only plate but is 24c gold so tis a lovely colour, really different to most fake gold or lesser-carat gold out there.

CakeandRoses Tue 05-Jul-11 10:10:31

oh god, that stuff is just dreamy verity, am deffo putting some of it on my birthday list. thank you!

Gillybobs Tue 05-Jul-11 10:37:56

Astley Clarke is a fab website I like to drool over from time to time, they have a decent sale on at the moment....

GentleOtter Tue 05-Jul-11 10:44:12

Ola Gorie

noddyholder Tue 05-Jul-11 10:47:57

like this

CakeandRoses Tue 05-Jul-11 10:52:31

this is all ridiculously gorgeous. I'm in love with this astley clarke ring now

GentleOtter Tue 05-Jul-11 11:03:00

I love Alchemia designs. They made my engagement ring from my own design.

LovelyDaffs Tue 05-Jul-11 11:03:20

I saw a hammered gold cuff in M&S at the weekend, not on their website only £10 but looked much more - obviously not real gold.

TattyDevine Tue 05-Jul-11 11:03:41

Ooh this is all so nice. I've seen Alex Monroe before and forgot all about him but was drooling now I "can" wear gold. Love the Astley Clarke. Have never heard of Ola Gorie, thanks for that GentleOtter, that is definitely one to keep an eye on. I can imagine if I were to invest in a locket it would be from there or that style. Noddy - I've just bought that pendant - it passed me by when I was browsing yesterday but I watched the video presentation and thought, for that price, I've got to give it a try! I love QVC!!!

Thanks for all your links, keep them coming thick and fast if you know of any more! x

noddyholder Tue 05-Jul-11 11:10:36

I might get it too! It is so current but still classic I really like it

archanat10 Tue 05-Jul-11 15:17:41

http://www.hotdiamonds.co.uk/womens-jewellery/necklaces/page/1 ....try this out..seems 2 be very elegant

madammecholet Tue 05-Jul-11 18:50:19

I have some Monica Vinader and Azuni pieces, ver ver nice. Also I have stuff made at the local jeweller which is bespoke and not ridiculously more than the high street. So why not find a design and get a local jeweller to make it for you...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now