Talk

Advanced search

I --want-- need a new hairdryer

(19 Posts)
Maggy78 Mon 04-Jul-11 08:51:05

My first post - please be gentle!

My hairdryer is on the verge of giving up the ghost. Any recommendations? My hair, as my hairdresser puts it, is fine but there's a lot of it! It's also longish (almost bra strap length).

Thanks for the help!smile

Maggy78 Mon 04-Jul-11 08:52:04

Lesson no 1, I can't do strikethroughs!

kyacat Mon 04-Jul-11 10:50:01

I got this one last month: http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/nicky-clarke-nhd082-frizz-control-hair-dryer-black-and-purple-06874869-pdt.html

it's great, 3 heat settings (one cool) 2 speeds, ionic frizz control, and lightweight and easy to handle. Good price too! smile

kyacat Mon 04-Jul-11 10:50:39

www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/nicky-clarke-nhd082-frizz-control-hair-dryer-black-and-purple-06874869-pdt.html, even

Maggy78 Mon 04-Jul-11 13:09:57

Thanks for that, looks a pretty good one

JohnniesBitch Mon 04-Jul-11 13:15:26

www.boots.com/en/Mark-Hill-RAW-Zebra-Power-Hairdryer_999912/

I have this one, it was brought as a gift for me at christmas, and whilst the design isnt to my tatse perhaps, the hairdryer itself is really good, three heat settings, 3 power settings, attachments for sleek/curly etc and a cool shot button.

half price at the moment as well.

SweetDCofMine Mon 04-Jul-11 13:15:39

I would invest in a Parlux; I've had mine for 16 years and still going strong. Drying my hair, which is also long, fine and got lots of it, takes me 10 mins.

DukesOfTripHazard Mon 04-Jul-11 13:22:36

Snap. Fine and lots. Parlux is the way to go.

TattyDevine Mon 04-Jul-11 13:27:32

I was just going to say, get one with Ions, (frizz control/shine), a long cable, and with a cool shot or decent temp control. That's all you really need in a hairdryer, though the bigger the wattage the faster it should dry.

spiderlily Mon 04-Jul-11 18:37:49

Another vote for Parlux here! I got their latest hairdryer and my hair is dry in half the time it once took...plus I got a lot of compliments, people asking if I just left the salon, etc.

Maggy78 Mon 04-Jul-11 21:34:33

Where do you get a parlux?? And how much roughly?

Thanks for all the replies!

SweetDCofMine Mon 04-Jul-11 22:54:44

Good old Amazon or Parlux itself : www.parlux.co.uk/
Expect to pay at least £70 but they're really worth every penny (don't bother with the compacts though). They dry your hair so quickly it doesn't get damaged as much, plus they'll last you years and years. In fact, I wish mine packed in already so I can ge the Ionic one. I feel mine's relic now! grin

spiderlily Tue 05-Jul-11 08:41:11

Yup they're dear but last a lifetime! You can buy them on amazon or even lookfantastic.com.

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 05-Jul-11 08:44:44

Another vote for Parlux here, mine was about £80 but it dries hair so quickly and often without need for straighteners.

It was been going strong for many years now.

They are used in salons.

Clarabumps Tue 05-Jul-11 09:08:32

I'd go to a beauty supplies store like salon services , I too have quite fine but lots of hair, go for one thats super fast, I got mine for £35 including VAT. These are ones that are used in salons so they have more power. Dont buy a commercial brand one as these are normally too hot with not enough blow power iykwim...
HTH

Olivetti Tue 05-Jul-11 10:05:41

Hi, I am thinking of getting a parlux, too. Why do people say not to get the compacts?

SweetDCofMine Tue 05-Jul-11 13:50:20

I said that just because they're not actually much lighter than the standard ones, just maybe 50 grams which is nothing, and I always feel that all that heat going through a shorter body could mean a compromised lifespan. But honestly, I have no idea really...

valiumredhead Tue 05-Jul-11 14:12:50

I always get Toni and Guy hairdriers - there's one in Argos for £30 - it's fab.

archanat10 Tue 05-Jul-11 15:08:21

hey i wud suggest tesco.check this link out http://direct.tesco.com/search/default.aspx?search=hair+dryer&confirm.x=0&confirm.y=0

and let me know if u want any cashback on ur purchase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now