Talk

Advanced search

Maternity summer style

(6 Posts)
cookie9 Sun 03-Jul-11 09:19:59

Help. Have tried to get into some of my summer dresses but bust has gone up from b to d cup and they are now too tight. Disappointed as they are empire line and I thought would be ok. Don't want to spend a lot on
maternity clothes but need ideas for capsule maternity summer wardrobe.

Have summer trousers and just ordered hot pink dress from Isabella Oliver.

Iggly Sun 03-Jul-11 09:25:09

Look for cheap floaty tops or t shirts from the tall section of high street stores eg Dorothy Perkins or topshop. Asos have some nice stuff too.

TattyDevine Sun 03-Jul-11 10:58:44

Aw my comisserations at the timing of your pregnancy haha. I did not one but 2 summer pregnancies. What a glutton for punishment I was. Lucky it was summer because by the end I was so pre-eclamptic I was wearing my husbands size 10 crocs as I had swollen so much. Then I had the baby and lost 3 stone in 5 days. Hows that for swelling eh? Do I win? grin

Sorry this thread is about you. Um. I just hid indoors feeling sorry for myself and I think I might have bought a few bits from Isabella Oliver and Red Herring maternity at Debenhams had some decent bits that year but I dont' know if they are still producing good maternity stuff or not...

RickGhastley Sun 03-Jul-11 11:21:16

I've just been browsing as may be facing summer as a pregnant person! Saw some nice bits on ASOS maternity, top shop maternity and isabella oliver. Got quite a few basics from Gap and M&S autograph maternity last time I was PG.

Also may be worth trying ebay, they have some nice second hand stuff, just won isabella Oliver dress on there, hope have not jinxed pregnancy as is still early dys but am struggling to fit into ordinary clothes!

RickGhastley Sun 03-Jul-11 11:22:23

And winner's medal goes to tatty for her swollen size ten feet [ouch!]!

daimbardiva Mon 04-Jul-11 11:03:32

I've been lucky and am still managing in non-maternity empire line stuff but have got a fab black maternity dress from Boden which I'm wearing loads (may be inthe sale just now?). Also leggings and tunics for when it's not quite warm enough for bare legs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now