Talk

Advanced search

Dry patchy dyed hair

(7 Posts)
matthew2002smum Sat 02-Jul-11 18:54:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TattyDevine Sat 02-Jul-11 20:37:05

Hmm, I'm no expert on chlorine damage etc but I didn't want nobody to reply to you.

Is there any chance you could do the swimming cap thing to stop your hair getting battered by the chlorine?

One tip my old haidresser gave me was to wet your hair before you get in a pool, because hair is like a sponge when dry. If you "fill" the sponge with clean normal water, it wont absorb so much chlorine because its already wet, it will still get sort of coated in it though.

I dont' know if this is good for after the pool but I've just ordered this shampoo which is apparently scrummy and I ordered their hair mask as well.

It seems to me that if you use a chlorine removing shampoo and that strips your hair, its worse than what the chlorine does! So just use a great shampoo to moisturise and smooth because surely washing hair removes chlorine anyway? Just musing, that might not actually be true at all.

You do sound like a good candidate for a Brazillian blowdry from the description of your hair, however you might want to find out if swimming affects it - I think they last 3 months or a certain number of "washes" and you might find swimming with them is contraindicated (which brings you back to the swim cap question?)...

TattyDevine Sat 02-Jul-11 22:14:45

Its just occured to me you said you are "virtually all grey" - do bear in mind that grey hair is more wiry and frizzy than hair that still has natural pigment in it, so it might not be soley down to "condition" , or chlorine etc - its sort of part of the ageing process of hair, really. Oh joy.

MissBeehiving Sat 02-Jul-11 22:41:49

Is it worth using something like this? before swimming supplemented by something like Ojon

matthew2002smum Sun 03-Jul-11 09:54:33

TattyDevine Sun 03-Jul-11 10:55:36

Ooh no idea love, are you in London? You tend to get various deals on it that come up from time to time, if you want a bargain, if not, check out the Good Salon guide, it will tell you a 5 star or 4 star salon near you so choose one that does it and you can't go too wrong (its like Michelin Stars but for salons!) grin

Good salon guide

matthew2002smum Sun 03-Jul-11 12:47:15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now