Talk

Advanced search

Sizing at Next

(7 Posts)
foodjunkie Sat 02-Jul-11 16:51:26

Have Next increased their measurements for womens sizing?

I'm confused as I placed a mahoooooooosive order for my usual size & all except one item has to be returned they're all too big.

Yet I am baffled as the one & only item that fits perfectly is 2 sizes smaller than I thought I was confused

I haven't shopped there for about 2 years - did I miss something??

TheThrill Sat 02-Jul-11 17:24:03

Not sure. I always feel like a fat twat if I try anything on in there! And I'm talking 18's. Haven't for a while though, it has to be said, as was put off by how small everything was.

Mumelie Sat 02-Jul-11 17:25:34

I always thought Next sizes were tiny, even in shoes. Not shopped there for ages because of this. Might try again.

pollyblue Sat 02-Jul-11 22:29:33

Snap! I was a size 12 in Next jeans for donkeys years and now their size 12s are huge on me. I've actually got one pair in a size 8 that fit me fine, the other couple of pairs i wear are 10s. I've lost a couple of pounds this year, but nothing like a dress size. I'm still a 10-12 in M&S clothes, and thought Next tended to come up a bit smaller but, at least as far as their jeans go, their sizing has gone weird and strangely generous.

DuchessEm Sat 02-Jul-11 22:48:34

Yes, I also think that their sizes are huge!! The clothes I already have from their still fit fine, but if I try on the same size in there now it is really big. I thought that they were supposed to be standardising sizes across the high street and getting rid of so-called 'vanity' sizing. I don't care what 'number' is in my clothes, I just want to be able to buy the same size in all shops!

Pollyblue, same thing here with their jeans! My normal size that I buy in every other shop is ridiculously baggy in Next!

Their shoes seem very wide fitting, too.

MayDayChild Sat 02-Jul-11 22:50:42

They have gone cheap and are using lots of diff suppliers which is the reason. I have 3 pairs, all high waisted style, all fit me perfectly.
A 10, a 12 and a 14
!

jamaisjedors Sun 03-Jul-11 09:05:15

I think their sizes are big, have been for the last few years imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now