Talk

Advanced search

Jeans help please

(14 Posts)
Millie1 Sat 02-Jul-11 16:17:50

I'm asking the impossible but .... can anyone give me some everyday jeans suggestions please. I need to order online as won't be shopping for a few weeks and don't mind ordering from a few websites to try on.

Have been wearing Gap Real Straight but unless you have a 25" waist, they go up in 2s in even numbers and I'm now in-between sizes. 28" are okay on the waist but too baggy around top of legs/crotch. 26" uncomfortably tight.

Okay, so where can I try. Need around a 32/33" leg so as I can wear with flats, straight cut and mid-rise to hold in my tummy!!

Don't want to spend £££ as these are for everyday (think kids, dogs, hens, gardening etc) and I have a few pairs of 'good' jeans in my wardrobe for more special wear. Next trousers do not fit me in any shape or form - no idea why, they just don't. Top Shop not great either for that matter. Happy to spend up to around £60 I guess.

All suggestions v welcome.

Thanks

Clure Sat 02-Jul-11 17:42:14

uniqlo have some great straight leg and also their skinny jeans, lots of stretch so comfy. They come in 33" leg anyway. You may need to size down. £29.

Millie1 Sat 02-Jul-11 21:17:58

Thanks Clure - love my Uniglo skinny combats but hadn't thought to look at jeans.

Any others please?

ThePetiteMummy Sun 03-Jul-11 10:36:57

Hi Millie1, mind if I ask you a quick question, are the Gap real straight nice? Am coming to the realisation that my current jeans are deeply unfashionable, and these ones are currently massively reduced. Should I go for them? I'm 5'3" & of slim build. What sort of shoes do you wear them with?

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 03-Jul-11 12:39:38

I'm a complete covert to John Rocha jeans from Debenhams, their fit is amazing and they are so flattering, I'm on my 4th pair.

flipthefrog Sun 03-Jul-11 20:49:15

i am a jeans loony and love levi curve but for everyday love marks and spencer straight leg jean, sits on the waist, are soft and comfy and look nice

flipthefrog Sun 03-Jul-11 20:50:34

and wouldn't spend £60 on jeans to do gardening in grin the m and s ones are only £20

Millie1 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:10:44

Thanks all. Ah but flipthefrog I also go out and about in them - shops, school etc. I guess what I was saying is that they're jeans to wear most days but not my smart/good wear jeans IYKWIM.

ThePetitMummy ... I really like them. They're good with a flat pump or flip flops now or with Chelsea boots in cooler weather. Worth trying on!

Havingkittens Sun 03-Jul-11 22:25:15

Levi's 627 are great. Straight leg, come in odd sizes, mid rise, slightly stretchy, really flattering and comfy. Very slightly more than your £60 though, about £80 I think.

Millie1 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:35:17

Will check them out, thanks HavingKittens.

Jezabelle Sun 03-Jul-11 22:59:05

Try River Island. I get on well with their jeans. I've just bought a great pair of Tommy hilfiger from Gaulds in the sale at half price too. Worth a look!

ThePetiteMummy Sun 03-Jul-11 23:49:04

Thanks Mille1, I ordered them online in the end, as I was worried they might sell out if I wait to try them in the shop (the reduced ones). Fingers crossed! Now to find some flat pumps!

ThePetiteMummy Tue 05-Jul-11 22:52:47

Thanks for the reply Mille1, they arrived today & I really like them! Not a shape I would have considered before, so thanks for the tip. And a bargain at £15! They go really well with some smart flip flops I have/flat gold sandals I bought recently.

Hope you manage to find your jeans, sorry for the thread hijack!

Millie1 Sun 10-Jul-11 22:02:24

Glad you like them Petit ... I'm just going to order a pair in a 28" waist, even if they are a tad baggy they'll do me around home!! Like you say, a bargain at £15 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now