Talk

Advanced search

Big bag stress

(12 Posts)
monkeysmama Sat 02-Jul-11 11:30:15

I need a big bag to carry all dd's things around in. I've been looking for ages but can't find anything which fits the bill & have charity shopped several which haven't done the job.

I have an Oi Oi baby change bag and it's not right.

Dd is 3 so I don't need changing mat etc just room for 3 medium sized wash bags with change of clothes, snacks and toys.

It must have a sturdy long handle so it can be hung over the pram.

A metallic colour, red or navy would be great.

Putting stuff in my handbag isn't an option.

I can spend about £100-150 for the perfect bag.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

madammecholet Sat 02-Jul-11 11:34:25

I've got this as a nappy bag, its a bit unusual which I like, goes over the pram easily, its big <cavarnous> and has a second strap when I need to sling over my shoulder:

here

Just seen its now in sale.....envy

bigkidsmademe Sat 02-Jul-11 11:57:31

It's more a satchel than a handbag but I use a longchamp one as my change bag. I'm on my phone and am rubbish at links but if you google image search 'longchamp hobo le pliage' it's the fourth one in, with pockets on the front. It's a good size, big not enormous, and fits over a pram. I have it in light blue but they do it in navy and red.

mepsopie Sat 02-Jul-11 17:13:16

Haven't bought a change bag yet but have been looking at pacapod or il tutto. both have a good range esp the pacapod.

gregssausageroll Sat 02-Jul-11 17:25:40

I had a pacapod. Lasted me about 2 weeks and then I got rid of all the little compartments and just slung everything in!

Mollymax Sat 02-Jul-11 17:33:46

I can't believe you are thinking of spending £150 on a bag to throw childrens stuff in.
I use a hessian bag, costs a few quid and can be thrown out when tatty.
Tell me i shouldn't be on a styyle thread grin

bigkidsmademe Sat 02-Jul-11 19:07:15

Why does the fact it is holding children's stuff mean it shouldn't be as nice as if it were holding your stuff? confused

Mollymax Sat 02-Jul-11 20:04:49

I have never spent £150 on a bag in my life, either for me or the children.
To be honest i can not see the point, that is why i do not frequent the style threads very often.

monkeysmama Sat 02-Jul-11 21:33:58

Thanks for all the suggestions. Am going to look through now.

I'm sure you spend money on things I'd find shocking Molly. I'd far rather invest in something quality I'll have for years that I will use everyday than buy cheap shit and throw it away when it "gets tatty".

Mollymax Sat 02-Jul-11 22:37:19

Well, that is me well and truly told off. I won't bother with these threads again.

monkeysmama Sat 02-Jul-11 22:41:10

I think S&B is a friendly place. I didn't ask for a critique of my spending. I didn't post in AIBU. I posted in Style and Beauty with a genuine request. So you've never spent £150 on a bag. Great. Thanks for sharing. You have nothing helpful to add to this thread. Why post.

madammecholet Sun 03-Jul-11 18:00:54

erm.....I've spent ALOT more than £150 on a handbag...gringrin...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now