Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this Swarovski bracelet?

(10 Posts)
culturevulture Fri 01-Jul-11 23:57:00

Can't find it anywhere to have a look at irl so would like some opinions please

culturevulture Fri 01-Jul-11 23:57:11

www.swarovski-crystallized.com/jewelry/uk/designer-collections/hely-designs/product/magic-crystal-bracelet/P_0548_447_087630_D303?page=2&pos=1

DeepPurple Sat 02-Jul-11 00:01:11

It looks quite nice but it's difficult to tell without knowing how wide it is. If it's quite wide it could be vulgar, too thin it could look tacky. just right would be great. Not much help am I? grin

culturevulture Sat 02-Jul-11 00:03:03

That's my problem grin

It does look like the kind of thing you would need to see for real before deciding. There are some other lovely opal colours too.

DeepPurple Sat 02-Jul-11 00:11:04

It depends on the returns policy. If it won't cost you anything then it's worth ordering. If it will cost then try and get the width measurement first.

culturevulture Sat 02-Jul-11 00:12:30

Good idea, thanks.

bethelbeth Sat 02-Jul-11 01:07:03

I am wearing one that is very similar only the beads are just silver.
There's a few issues with the one that you like:

-First the leather thongs that go around the bead tend to unravel and move around- this is fine on mine as it's just a silver bead and I can push it back but it might get caught on the claws for the crystal setting on yours.

-The claws are quite big and squared off- thus liable to get caught on clothing etc

Hope this is of some help. They are nice on. Nice casual everyday jewellery.

culturevulture Sun 03-Jul-11 12:50:34

Yes was wondering about the claw setting. Thanks smile

moonmother Sun 03-Jul-11 21:51:15

Have a search through the jewellery on Folksy

www.folksy.com

There are a lot of these for sale on there- with genuine gemstones/silver beads etc for a fraction of the cost of that one. If none you like on there try etsy they have hundreds. Haven't got round to making any myself yet, lol.

I also agree that with the claw settings that the leather will catch - or possibly your clothes will, the bead style ones will be a lot better.

culturevulture Sun 03-Jul-11 22:35:45

I've just had a search on Folksy, thanks for the link moonmother

There are a couple of bead bracelets that fit the bill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now